Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KISS--Series 2 "Sneak Peek"

Images
    I've been always glad Kiss didn't go with the horrendous chicken man looking hawk make up for Eric Carr. He would have been a laughing stock in it. Has Figures Toy Company actually officially stated they can't do Eric as the Fox? I have zero interest in Ankh Vinnie or any figure of Vinnie but I'd really like Eric as the Fox.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Why couldn't they do the Fox make up? I thought KISS Inc. owned everything?
    Come play!
    Jim's Toy Box

I don't think they own Eric's iconic makeup design. The McFarlane figure that came out years ago didn't use it, it used an early version that was on People Magazine.
    I'm wondering if they can or would do a new sculpt of Ace or Peter, now that I think of it.

I'd bet not. To do so would go into likeness rights talks that I don't think any of the parties would wan to deal with. Plus I don' thing there is enough cash in it for them.
    Come play!
    Jim's Toy Box

What about Kulick? He was with the band for a long time. No makeup tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsmegos View Post
    I'd bet not. To do so would go into likeness rights talks that I don't think any of the parties would wan to deal with. Plus I don' thing there is enough cash in it for them.
    I wonder... obviously, Gene and Paul can publish photos of Ace and Peter all they want as long as they refer to them as "The Spaceman" and "The Catman." Would a three-dimensional image of them require new rights? Not sure.

Images
    I think Kulick has actually been in the band longer than Ace was (total years)
    I'm excited to see CTVT do the differing costumes . . . the make-up variations don't mean a hill of beans to me. Bring on Destroyer!!
    My Custom Figures

God Bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by megojim View Post
    I'm excited to see CTVT do the differing costumes . . . the make-up variations don't mean a hill of beans to me. Bring on Destroyer!!
    Good point. It would be really cool and cost saving to see the outfits sold seperately like Action Jackson clothes.

Do you guys prefer that clamsell packaging? I'm not a fan. I replaced mine with MEGO73 boxes. They look much better (IMO).
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

9. The clamshell packaging is way to big in my opinion. Love the figures though.

Depends on what time of year it is. Missouri & Arizona
    Images
    Make up change to match the albums is a BIG plus. I will be most happy to have the four original KISS figures in 8 inch format. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

From what I hear about the packaging I could definitely do without the twisty ties as it pertains to opening up a set for display. Those ties are a big time pain in the arse. These are action figures for crying out loud not sticks of dynamite.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.