X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by rche
    How many Fonzies were there? Any sculpt change there?
    Even the Blue Frank and Red Drac had the same sculpt and those should have been altered if they wanted to truly duplicate the original Mego.
    Did you buy every version of Fonzie? I didn't. I have one already. They can make whatever they want, but sales would likely be better if they got past the original Mego sculpts. Those are great on the reissues, not so much on the continuation of the line.

There may be a real reason for reusing them. It's possible they can't use (or don't feel comfortable using) Ace and Peter's likeness. I'm actually curious how that all works out with their merch, at least in terms of new images/product.

I like that they are apparently going with the '73-'74 outfits. Those are my favorite.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Delusional B
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 14, 2007

Now that they've done the retro Mego figures, I'd love to see them come up with a more realistic set of sculpts going forward. I wouldn't expect new sculpts for each set... just a new set of Gene, Ace, Paul, and Peter that are more realistic and could be used and reused for the first album set, Dressed to Kill, and any other "Original 4" albums looks that they do. I think, for the most part, the new headsculpts for the Sonic Boom figures look pretty amazing (Gene and Tommy look especially dead-on... I'll bet hair and make-up put these over the top) and I'd love to see what could be done with new sculpts of the classic line-up.

With that being said, if they do continue to use the Mego repro sculpts for all of these, I think they will need to change the make-up designs accordingly to keep this line fresh and worthwhile for the diehard fans. For instance, if Peter's makeup doesn't look like it does on the album cover, I can see some pretty big backlash against these happening. I'm hopeful, though, that since Paul was the one used for the teaser (no makeup changes required), the other ones are going through make-up changes and tweaks before being shown.
      Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Looks good. I'll be on board if these come out in retro scale.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• spaceace35
          Career Member
          • Feb 1, 2008

Originally posted by rche
          I guess I am still gonna have to rely on customs for those then.
          they may be coming out with a non makeup eric carr or possibly a hawk eric .
          Rockin Rebels

Comment

• jimsmegos
            Mego Dork
            • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by spaceace35
            they may be coming out with a non makeup eric carr or possibly a hawk eric .
            You know, I didn't even think about 'non-make up" KISS figures. Those would actually be pretty cool. If I had to vote I'd suggest the (EDIT) Hot n the Shade tour. That was a good tour with a solid live show. Eric Carr's drum solo was amazing.
            Last edited by jimsmegos; Apr 27, '12, 8:34 AM. Reason: Such a good night I forgot the name of that tour ;)

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I've been always glad Kiss didn't go with the horrendous chicken man looking hawk make up for Eric Carr. He would have been a laughing stock in it. Has Figures Toy Company actually officially stated they can't do Eric as the Fox? I have zero interest in Ankh Vinnie or any figure of Vinnie but I'd really like Eric as the Fox.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jimsmegos
                Mego Dork
                • Nov 9, 2008

Why couldn't they do the Fox make up? I thought KISS Inc. owned everything?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I don't think they own Eric's iconic makeup design. The McFarlane figure that came out years ago didn't use it, it used an early version that was on People Magazine.
                  I'm wondering if they can or would do a new sculpt of Ace or Peter, now that I think of it.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

I'd bet not. To do so would go into likeness rights talks that I don't think any of the parties would wan to deal with. Plus I don' thing there is enough cash in it for them.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

What about Kulick? He was with the band for a long time. No makeup tho.

Comment

• Delusional B
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 14, 2007

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                        I'd bet not. To do so would go into likeness rights talks that I don't think any of the parties would wan to deal with. Plus I don' thing there is enough cash in it for them.
                        I wonder... obviously, Gene and Paul can publish photos of Ace and Peter all they want as long as they refer to them as "The Spaceman" and "The Catman." Would a three-dimensional image of them require new rights? Not sure.
                        Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

I think Kulick has actually been in the band longer than Ace was (total years)
                          I'm excited to see CTVT do the differing costumes . . . the make-up variations don't mean a hill of beans to me. Bring on Destroyer!!
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by megojim
                            I'm excited to see CTVT do the differing costumes . . . the make-up variations don't mean a hill of beans to me. Bring on Destroyer!!
                            Good point. It would be really cool and cost saving to see the outfits sold seperately like Action Jackson clothes.

Do you guys prefer that clamsell packaging? I'm not a fan. I replaced mine with MEGO73 boxes. They look much better (IMO).
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 2, 2011

The clamshell packaging is way to big in my opinion. Love the figures though.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                                Megoholic RocketScientist
                                • Oct 23, 2007

Make up change to match the albums is a BIG plus. I will be most happy to have the four original KISS figures in 8 inch format. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

From what I hear about the packaging I could definitely do without the twisty ties as it pertains to opening up a set for display. Those ties are a big time pain in the arse. These are action figures for crying out loud not sticks of dynamite.
                                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎