Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

what an awesome looking table!! havent seen a table like that in years!! you guys should consider coming up to the bay area in march for the san jose super toy collector show!! it draws lots of foot traffic as it's the biggest show in the bay area.

darren

Comment

• marmes
      Megolomaniac
      • May 12, 2007

It was alot of fun.Exhausting though!
      Our main objective was to plug the book and we sold 2 or 3 by the end of
      the day,so it was all worth it I think!!And our display definitely garnered ALOT of attention to say the least!!
      Always good to hang w RC and the Ben-ster and all that bee-utiful MEGO!!
      Let's do it again soon!!!!

M

Comment

• sauce
        Removed
        • Jun 24, 2007

Thanks for posting photos. I'm in LA, and I kept almost going, but in the end a 4 year old birthday party won out. I least I got ice cream. I'll try to make the next one if there is a next one. Bryan

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Are you ever up in the Bay Area? Great photos, but I wish I could have been there.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jayihdz
            aaaggghhhh!
            • Mar 6, 2007

[QUOTE][Hey Ben, what's up with that super cool WGT poster?

By the way, I was supposed to send Rob cards for this show and I wasn't able to do it in time. My bad.

/QUOTE]

I drop off a few cards. Thansk again for the good time.
            Last edited by jayihdz; Jan 14, '08, 6:14 PM.

Comment

• imp
              Mego Book Author
              • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
              Hey Ben, what's up with that super cool WGT poster?
              It's a prototype of an idea I had, a little sump'n sump'n I thought might look cool. Still working out the details, but I made two small prototypes; one for Mike and one for Rob. I did have some inquiries about them and had to explain they weren't for sale.

Perhaps in the near future...

Anyway, it was an amazing show. I had a customer PayPal me last night, picking up the items in person today (she lives in the same town in which I work). Didn't really expect to sell my MIB Kristy McNichol, nor did I expect to sell it to a drop-dead gorgeous, Peta Wilson look-alike. But the show did have its surprises.

Despite the hard work schlepping toys back and forth, I'm already looking forward to next month's show. It should be a doozy.

Benjamin

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

wow last time i waw that many megos was at megomeet. great table wish i was there.

Comment

• Surfsup
                  Silver Chrome Dome
                  • Dec 2, 2005

That looks like it was a fun day out, I wish I would walk into a toy show and see a table like that. Was that Lizard a reseal?

Comment

• marmes
                    Megolomaniac
                    • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by Surfsup
                    That looks like it was a fun day out, I wish I would walk into a toy show and see a table like that. Was that Lizard a reseal?
                    Yes,the carded 1975a Lizard (a recent aquisition of mine purchased from dumbidor) has been resealed.

The reseal was done by me.

I really only had him there to amp up the wow factor at our booth.
                    He's not for sale.

Here's a closer look...

Mego Talk

And thanx to all who took part in our MEGO show either in person or thru this thread!!
                    Everyone please come to the next Shrine Comic Sci Fi Con in Feb. for more MEGO goodness!

Best,

_M
                    Last edited by marmes; Jan 15, '08, 2:35 PM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

Wish I could have gone. Love that little poster Benjamin, and would be interested in one if you decide to go ahead and produce them.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Now that's the kind of booth I would love to see at toy shows here
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• argent007
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 7, 2005

That is an amazing table! It sounds like a fair amount of the items shown may be still available. If so, I'd be interested in talking to you about some of the 8" WGSH. There are a number of figures that I'm potentially interested in.

Is it okay to PM you about them? Who should I contact?

Thanks!
                          My Updated Want List:
                          Comic book original art
                          1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                          Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• rchatlin
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 24, 2001

You can contact either Benjamin, Mike or myself.

We can put you in touch with the owner of the figures you're interested in.

r
                            o
                            b

Comment

• Surfsup
                              Silver Chrome Dome
                              • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by marmes
                              Yes,the carded 1975a Lizard (a recent aquisition of mine purchased from dumbidor) has been resealed.

The reseal was done by me.

I really only had him there to amp up the wow factor at our booth.
                              He's not for sale.

Here's a closer look...

Mego Talk

And thanx to all who took part in our MEGO show either in person or thru this thread!!
                              Everyone please come to the next Shrine Comic Sci Fi Con in Feb. for more MEGO goodness!

Best,

_M
                              Thanks Mike, that looks like a really nice reseal!

Comment

• imp
                                Mego Book Author
                                • Apr 20, 2003

More Pictures!

We got in some more pictures of our booth at the January Shrine show:

Above: "Broken" Circle Suit Spider-Man and Removable Mask Robin with Yellow Sleeves.

Above: A ridiculous array of Loose WGSH, Planet of the Apes and Star Trek Megos.

Above: Early version Aquaman with sewn sleeves and nylon shorts, "Broken" Circle Suit Spider-Man, Removable Mask Robin with Yellow Sleeves, vintage Bruce Wayne in new/repro box and MIB JJ Armes.

Above: MIB Starbird, MOC Kenner Super Powers Cyborg, ©1975a Thor with Nylon Cape, ©1975a Lizard and MIB Hugo, Man of 1,000 Faces (sold).

Above: Anyone wanna buy my childhood Oscar Goldman? Sure, he's wearing Maskatron's pants, but I still have Oscar's original pants in a plastic baggie. Bonus!

Above: Rob Chatlin discusses the Flattworld Bela Lugosi Dracula with a convention attendee.

Above: Top row of shelf 1: MIB Shogun Warriors Raydeen, MIB Ultimate Iron Giant, MIB Barbie/Audrey Hepburn outfit, MOC Wonder Woman Underoos, MIB BTAS Jokermobilie and Icehammer, MIB Batman and Superman string puppets, both of which utilized Mego's 12" outfits.

Above: 2nd row of shelf 1: More MIB BTAS vehicles and playsets, Chip Kidd Batman figure/book set, Kraft macaroni & cheese "Super-Heroes" packages, Loose Mego Batmobile, Loose BTAS Robin Dragser, MOC never-produced prototype Jonny Quest figure, Loose Remco Energized Batman (from my childhood, which sold).

Above: 3rd row of shelf 1: MOC Italian "Power Man" Super-Heroes set, utlizing Mego's Superman head sculpt, 12" Crow statue (sold), Loose Mego CSS Spider-Man, MIB 12" BTAS Batman and Joker, Leo "Adventures of Batman" 12" record, MIB 12" Medicom Captain Harlock.

Above: Bottom row of shelf 1: My childhood Steve Austin and Oscar Goldman figures, Pulsar outfit, MIB BTAS Batmobile and Carry Cases for Mego, Super Powers and BTAS.

We have THREE tables for the February show, and we'll have tons of great vintage toys. If you're in the area, Mike, Rob and I hope you can come down and hang out with us!

Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎