Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

I'm good with anything but Hoss's does seem like a logical choice. One other idea and the logistics good get a little hairy but if we could find a place (local park, the museum, etc) to grill out burgers and brats and such that would be a cool way to hang out and still eat. Maybe that's somethign we could research this year . . . again, Hoss's fine with me . . .
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      So far, TJ's(sp?) was their next choice, but they can only seat 20 in proximity and everybody else is on their own. So no dice there. Olive Garden would probably be OK, assuming it's big enough. I'm sort of intrigued by the idea of an OG done West Virginia style.
      mmmmm opossum alfredo

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        After a few conversations this week, in the words of Ron Peritore Undo's was politely told to GFY. They were unapologetic for last year, and the only laughable concession they were willing to make was to limit us to ONE!!! menu item to lower the cost.
        I am still baffled by this attitude they have. They would rather be rude to customers, provide inadequate service and lose out on a lot of money rather than do their jobs better?

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Scott, I'll send you a recipe for Alfredo that's excellent if you like to cook.

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

I'm also good with doubling up Hoss's. Would actually be kind of cool to both kick off and
            finish the weekend there.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by VintageMike
              I'm also good with doubling up Hoss's. Would actually be kind of cool to both kick off and
              finish the weekend there.
              The more I think about this, I completely agree. THe food is good, they have adequate space and they don't hate us. THis gets my vote overwhelmingly.

And Terry, hit me with that recipie. I'm not much for italian food, so Alfredo is usually my choice, basic and simple without a lot of...things mixed in.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• stabilio
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 10, 2002

Is it wrong that I laugh every time I hear someone say that Undo's has the best (insert entree here) they ever had. After 7 years, I've had most of what they have to offer at one time or another, and nothing would qualify on any best list I would come up with. Maybe a "best to slip to the dog under the table" list.

As far as this dinner stuff goes, its not really a big deal to me, but here's my 2 cents. I've only been to Hoss's once that I can recall. It was fine. If it came down to it, I doubt anyone would have a problem eating there. I can't remember exactly, but don't they have an odd ordering/serving system? Also, they didn't seem to have any problem with handling 20 or so, would 50 be a problem? I can't remember the inside and I have no idea if they are typically busier on a Saturday than a Thursday.

But I also wouldn't mind venturing outside that 1 square mile area, even if its just up to that shopping center area where the Olive Garden is. I think there is also an Applebee's and a Cheddar's (I've never been to that one but it appears to be a chain as well) all in there. If any of those 3 could accommodate us, I'd be fine with any of those too.

Comment

• stabilio
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2002

Also, I think that is the first time I've ever seen the phrase "In the words of Ron Peritore" and "politely" used in the same sentence...

I have seen that phrase used innumerable times with GFY though.

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by stabilio
                    Also, I think that is the first time I've ever seen the phrase "In the words of Ron Peritore" and "politely" used in the same sentence...

I have seen that phrase used innumerable times with GFY though.
                    Probably cuz you're a yankees fan.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                      Probably cuz you're a yankees fan.
                      Lol, I read that in your jersey voice...love it

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

River City Ale Works
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Duncan
                          Museum focus-groupie
                          • Jun 27, 2009

I'm thinking about making a stop at the Mehlman Cafeteria in St Clairsville. I drive by it on trips to Philly, but have never been in. Looks like a nostalgic place, but I can't recommend it for the Sat dinner 'cause I've never eaten there.

Mehlman Cafeteria - Home Page

Comment

• megoapesnut
                            The name says it all!
                            • Dec 3, 2007

Hoss's works for me. I won't be there till Friday afternoon this year so I will miss the Thursday gathering.

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by noelani72
                              Lol, I read that in your jersey voice...love it
                              Particularly funny because he's from Boston and a Red Sox fan.

Comment

• garagesale
                                Dept. of Mego Studies
                                • Aug 8, 2006

I'd like to see us in a Saturday evening venue that serves wine. Just my thing. That being said, I don't think Hoss does (am I right?). Though, Hoss's is always good for Thursday, I think.

Seems Wheeling's restaurants are overall just a little bland. Any locals have some suggestions?

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎