X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Need Help, King Kong vintage Puzzle

I picked this up for a dollar in a thrift store, sorry about the poor scan. Any way it is a big 500 piece puzzle (complete as well) from the 1976 King Kong movie. The puzzle was made the same year as the movie, it is pretty decent condition with awesome artwork.
    My question is, did I do any good? And how much is thing worth? I am not expecting it to be worth a lot but you never know.
    thanks.

PS
    If you like it, PM because I don't plan on keeping it.
    I the Monster Hero
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Y'know... I was thinking of that one just the other day! Had one when I was a kid; they were pretty common, and I know 70's Kong stuff doesn't generally score big money.... and I don't know if there are too many non-antique puzzle collectors out there; but it IS cool. So yeah; you did good!

Don C.

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

thanks Don, I know puzzles don't rake in big money, but still, one dollar for any thing that's 70's movie memorabilia is good.
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

A complete Kong puzzle for a buck? You did great! Now, had you bought it on eBay, $6 to $12 probably, with somewhere between those two numbers again for shipping depending on who you deal with. All in all, a cool thing if you're into Kong.

Comment

• MegoNinja
          Career Member
          • Feb 7, 2007

I was going to guess some where from the 10 to 20 dollar range, 20 being the most on a good day.
          thanks
          I the Monster Hero

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

You did VERY WELL. I'm a HUGE '76 Kong fan. Saw it with my dad when it opened Christmas of '76. Have loved it ever since. Don't know if you've ever seen the extended version from the television debut in '78 but that was really good (occassionally you can find it on Ebay). I was so disappointed when Paramount did nothing to remaster or release the extended version when Jackson released his film.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎