Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Right and I am potentially investing 20 bucks in the figure, so I can question it as we begin to see the product.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

The Museum is between a rock and a hardplace on this subject whenever any line comes out.

Not anyone specific, but the nature of the Museum is to want all lines to succeed and give them props.

The problem is the forum.

Where there's a forum there's going to be discussion (both for and against everything)

There will always be people that say the best sculpt is crap and vice-versa ...

People need to get this out in the open and get to some common ground on the subect or this will contiue forever.

It happened almost every day on the retro heroes Museum forum

One example is the president monsters

I personally didn't like them (except Wolf Bill) ............ But I didn't want to publically put them down because of their maker.

So I dunno, even i'm guilty for being part of it and not speaking my true feelings on everything
      Last edited by Mikey; Jul 1, '12, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

So, is this head made from that prototype on the first page? Hard to believe*
        But if this isn't the final product yet, I'm not gonna say anything else and just wait till I see the end result
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

The Brilliance of the museum is that ANY figure that is not to your liking is easily customized into a form you prefer. $20 for a base figure is a terrific start for a custom if you get the little red jumpsuit, EMCE swivel arm body and sneakers. Not to mention the bionic limbs we have not seen yet. Toss in a Bionic sound FX keychain and this is still a really awesome positive. Is anyone else in town selling Six Million Dollar man figures for $20?!

Don't like the card art... we got guys like Toyroom and Mego73 and any number of photoshop jockeys of skill 'round these parts to make the card or better yet, box to your exact specifications.

Don't like the paint job? We've got lots of capable folks too... I'd recommend Random Axe.

Want a whole new head-sculpt? I saw Crimson Ghost's awesome work up close at Mego Meet. Can't hurt to drop him a line for a commission if you got the lettuce. Although I believe there have been repros of the Basa figure, and didn't someone shrink the 12" Kenner at one point?

Outfits? Bleit1701 or Teressa.

Cruise the customs forums to see what folks can do for you if you want to pimp your $20 figure to your liking.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Trouble is I don't want a resin headed custom, I wanted a mass produced figure. If the finals look like the EE pic, I'll skip the line all together.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Trouble is I don't want a resin headed custom.
              There was one guy casting the SMDM head in rubber, but I can't remember who?
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

OK, let me make that I don't want a custom at all.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 21, 2009

I feel these conversations happen every time we release images of a new character. You've got folks that hate the unpainted prototypes, and love it, then hate the final painted version, and love it. We can't please everyone. It is true that the final product looks a bit different that the prototype - but that's because of the manufacturing process. Some details are lost in the type of material used, and "shrinkage" occurs. Unfortunately these elements are out of our control. Our goal is to make the prototype as accurate as possible, and with the help of master Mego sculptor Sean Sansom, everyone involved with this project - including NBCUniversal - was thrilled with the prototype. I think fans will be pleased when you hold the final in your hand and look at Steve Austin. I also think the straight on image you see on the EE site doesn't give the figure justice. In fact, I've asked for a different image to be posted showing a slightly different view, better showing the likeness. In the end, we are not perfect. We can only hire the best possible sculptors out there, and work through as many issues as possible and hope you'll like it. If not, you can absolutely cancel your order without penalty. That's the best we can offer. We are die-hard fans like you and must represent this brand in the best possible way.
                  Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                  bifbangpow.com
                  twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

You can guarantee my order will be staying in tact. I can't wait.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ukmegoboy
                      • May 21, 2007

And most importantly, its a licensed carded SMDM figure, just like Mego would have done it. Loosen up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

I can't wait to get mine! Thanks for all the work that was put in to make this a reality!
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I find it difficult to be overly critical of small companies going out of their way to cater to us with niche retro properties. I think it's amazing these figures exist at all. In my minds eye I originally had them pictured as looking like 8 inch versions of Kenner figures but what they did is probably much closer in style to what Mego would have done.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 2, '12, 3:31 PM.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Apositive
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 3, 2011

I hope this line succeeds and I will give it every support that my budget affords.

Comment

• The Shadow
                              • Jun 22, 2011

You know what guys? I'm just glad you're around. I'm getting all of these and the BSG stuff as well. Thanks for all the hard work!

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 21, 2009

Now I'm feeling the love! Thank you! We are glad we have you as our customers, and for spending your hard earned money on our products. Come say hello to us next week at the EE booth #2343, ok?
                                Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                                bifbangpow.com
                                twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎