Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I've been watching S1 of the SMDM on DVD the past couple of days and I gotta say that whomever sculpted this did, IMHO, an outstanding job of capturing Lee Majors' likeness. And I am soooooo glad they went for a more realistic look rather than just trying to recapture the somewhat cartoony version of the earlier SMDM incarnation. I can't wait to see the final product!!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I got to see the sculpt last week and even held it next to a Kenner doll. I have to say it's fantastic and truly nails Lee Majors.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
        We are very proud of this head sculpt. We recognized Lee Majors the first time we saw this, and it was promptly approved by Universal.
        You should be proud. This is a beautiful Lee Majors SMDM.

I would like to thank the considerate critiques by others here. Those of you who took the time to suggest changes and express ideas of how to improve this sculpt. Thank you for challenging my opinion. From the raised eyebrow and on, there were times I wondered if it could be improved. In the end, I decided I like it just the way it is. Sometimes, you just have to trust the artist. I only said "sometimes".

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

It's a great first season look Steve Austin (his hair was a bit less poofy in the first season). I love it because I want to preserve the conceit that this is something that Mego would've made with the early years of the show.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

It's going to be a loooooooooong Summer waiting on these figures.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
              I got to see the sculpt last week and even held it next to a Kenner doll. I have to say it's fantastic and truly nails Lee Majors.
              was it painted already?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I would just like to know if the head will be a Rotocast or not. I'm hoping they don't have to paint the flesh color on him.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

It would be nice if BBP actually came back to the boards occasionally to answer a few basic inquiries. This is frustrating.

Comment

• The Shadow
                    • Jun 22, 2011

They're probably too busy uploading PICTURES. Hint hint

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I would just like to know if the head will be a Rotocast or not. I'm hoping they don't have to paint the flesh color on him.
                      What head have they done that wasn't rotocast? I don't have EVERY BBP figure, and the ones I do have I didn't open, but I'm pretty sure all of them are rotocast.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        What head have they done that wasn't rotocast? I don't have EVERY BBP figure, and the ones I do have I didn't open, but I'm pretty sure all of them are rotocast.
                        I thought about that because they are teaming with up with EMCE to make this line and I was hoping not to see another Pike figure with the painted face. I know Pike is an exception, but I was hoping it would remain the ONLY exception.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

It's two different things. BBP has teamed with EMCE for all their releases and they use EMCE's tooling. The Star Trek line is EMCE and Diamond and Diamond uses their own factory.

Pike is rotocast too, it just has been painted for whatever reason.
                          Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jun 7, '12, 11:47 AM.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by starsky
                            was it painted already?
                            No I held a copy of the original, my friend did Steve and Oscar.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              It's two different things. BBP has teamed with EMCE for all their releases and they use EMCE's tooling. The Star Trek line is EMCE and Diamond and Diamond uses their own factory.

Pike is rotocast too, it just has been painted for whatever reason.
                              Perhaps I'm misspoken then in what I was asking. Is the head going to be made of rubber? In other words, will it be made out of the same material as the Mego heads, Retros, etc? Excuse my ignorance on the material question.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                                It would be nice if BBP actually came back to the boards occasionally to answer a few basic inquiries. This is frustrating.
                                While I know the wait can be frustrating, I think the BBP guys have been great about sharing tasty little nuggets with us.

It is an unfortunate reality that in order to get the word out about their products to the most people, they need to save the big reveals for major conventions and such. Let's be honest... most of the target demo here was sold the minute they heard "Mego 6MDM."

Then again, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll get a sneak peak out of Mego Meet.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎