X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

$25.00 isn't TOO bad.

Maybe we can get a bit of a discount if we buy in bulk. Like say buy three or more and get five bucks off.
    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

After shipping it will be over 30 a pop.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        ouch, I was hoping for 20. Guess I'll go back to shortening FC gals.
        Just an FYI, if you bought a female body, 2 sets of hands, and a head with rooted hair from one of the other companies that makes 8" figures the total comes to $27.00. This is for a vintage style body with limited articulation. The body I'm developing has a modern design, vastly improved articulation and also comes with extra torso pieces for more customizing options. Taking that into consideration I think $25.00 sounds like a fair price.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I wouldn't buy those either, vintage Mego ladies stink. The rooted hair thing if its only one color is going to limit sales, too. I can reroot, but I doubt a lot of people can do it. I just have a hard time justifying spending that much on just a nekkid body.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

When you think about it, isn't DST going to be selling their line in the range of $40.00 and up? Tack on shipping and we're talking close to $50.00 for just ONE FIGURE!

Compared to that, $25.00 per bod is considerably cheaper.

Besides, as word gets around, and sales start to move, the price might go down to something like $20.00.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

Price seems more than fair to me considering all the bells and whistles these figures will pack. I'm down for at least 4 if they're just black haired this time around, probably more if different hair colors are available.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

You said it.
                JediJaida

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

How about the option of a body without extra heads and head for $15? $25 (even with all you get) is a bit much for most of your potential customers to handle paying more than once.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by boss
                    How about the option of a body without extra heads and head for $15? $25 (even with all you get) is a bit much for most of your potential customers to handle paying more than once.
                    At some point I might consider that option but just starting out I want to keep things simple and only offer the one package, which is the complete body with the head and extra parts.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Yes; simplicity is a good thing. Keep it as simple as possible.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

it would be a good move to do a headless body, too. I have more than a few resin heads that can go on a decent body. I will just have a real hard time paying over 30 shipped on these. I can't really pull the trigger on any sort of Mego sized figure for over 20. One of the reasons I don't have Buck and Tiger Man along with really not liking the show to begin with.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Hey Craig, I just had a thought.

How easy will it be to pop off the head and give it a reroot (if a person is so inclined?)

Will the head operate on a peg system like the limbs?
                          JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            Hey Craig, I just had a thought.

How easy will it be to pop off the head and give it a reroot (if a person is so inclined?)

Will the head operate on a peg system like the limbs?
                            The head is designed to be removable and will either attach via a ball and socket type connector or something similar to the image below.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Works for me.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                                • Aug 14, 2007

She's perty. (For a headless chick.) I'm excited. Er, I mean, I'm interested.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎