Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

it kind of sticks to it. I did a simple one layer coat and if I bend the zubber animal the flex seal does bend with it, though sometimes it cracks but still sticks with the zubber. If I went a few coats more (or at least two coats) it should work fine.

It might then be safe to say that if you use this with the WAY less oily alumilite it should stick like gold
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Apositive
      Career Member
      • Apr 3, 2011

What exactly do you pour into these molds to make stuff? Do you use Alumilite's Amazing Casting Resin?

Comment

• justzeg18
        Career Member
        • May 5, 2003

they have this at some Michaels stores too, sold as amazing mold putty and there it's only 20.00 (at least it was the last time i bought it) It never goes on sale, so it's always eligible for Michaels 40 or 50% off one regularly priced item coupons.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Apositive
          What exactly do you pour into these molds to make stuff? Do you use Alumilite's Amazing Casting Resin?
          Actually I use Castin's easy resin

Also going to up a short youtube vid to show how flexseal sticks to the zubber

Originally posted by justzeg18
          they have this at some Michaels stores too, sold as amazing mold putty and there it's only 20.00 (at least it was the last time i bought it) It never goes on sale, so it's always eligible for Michaels 40 or 50% off one regularly priced item coupons.
          Thanks for the tip. Never saw it at the Michaels by me, but I can always take another look

Comment

• Apositive
            Career Member
            • Apr 3, 2011

I was going to get this stuff and I've read enough bad reviews online to discourage me. Has anyone used a product called EasyMolds? I watched a YouTube video comparing the two and they said EasyMolds doesn't have the sticking problem that Alumilite's putty does. It does take much longer (24 hours) to cast.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

meant to post this a while back, but I sprayed a zubber made item with flex seal. I only gave it a once over (one coat), and it stuck to the zubber pretty well. I was also able to paint it using testors acrylic. If I bent the toy the flex cracked a little but still stuck. This is why I had mentioned only one coat was applied. Had I done two or three coats it might very well not crack at all. Seeing that Zubber is way more greasy than alumnite it is a safe bet it would be even better on that material

Calling this a finished custom (and now in that sub forum as well). A 1970's style crudely made rubber monster prehistoric shark or thing from the see-- cheers

Last edited by mazinz; Jun 10, '12, 3:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎