Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alumilite mold putty- think I found Zubber

Depends on what time of year it is. Missouri & Arizona
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Sign up for the Hobby Lobby mailing list and you get a 40% off coupon every week.
    No need to sign up as long as they keep putting the 40% coupon on their site.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Depends on what time of year it is. Missouri & Arizona
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danadoll View Post
    Rubber gloves might help with avoiding dyed hands...Heh!

Dana
    I agree. Rubber gloves would definitely help alleviate getting dye on your hands while kneading/mixing. However, I am still not totally convinced that the dye/pigment would take well. And once the gloves come off......???

I have an idea. Why don't you try it and let us know how it turns out.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livnxxxl View Post
    I agree. Rubber gloves would definitely help alleviate getting dye on your hands while kneading/mixing. However, I am still not totally convinced that the dye/pigment would take well. And once the gloves come off......???

I have an idea. Why don't you try it and let us know how it turns out.
    LOL...Uh I'll have to pass on that.

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by livnxxxl View Post
    No need to sign up as long as they keep putting the 40% coupon on their site.
    signing up brings the coupon to me.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
    -John Wayne

just giving a heads up that I dug out an older Zubber dinosaur-monster creation and gave it a quick dose of flex seal. Will know in a few hours (or day) if it will adhere to the material and bend along with it without peeling off.

if it sticks to the super greasy zubber, there is no reason why it should not stick to the way less greasy alluminate and then that means it can be painted since you can paint flex seal
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

it kind of sticks to it. I did a simple one layer coat and if I bend the zubber animal the flex seal does bend with it, though sometimes it cracks but still sticks with the zubber. If I went a few coats more (or at least two coats) it should work fine.

It might then be safe to say that if you use this with the WAY less oily alumilite it should stick like gold

Images
    What exactly do you pour into these molds to make stuff? Do you use Alumilite's Amazing Casting Resin?

they have this at some Michaels stores too, sold as amazing mold putty and there it's only 20.00 (at least it was the last time i bought it) It never goes on sale, so it's always eligible for Michaels 40 or 50% off one regularly priced item coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by Apositive View Post
    What exactly do you pour into these molds to make stuff? Do you use Alumilite's Amazing Casting Resin?
    Actually I use Castin's easy resin

Also going to up a short youtube vid to show how flexseal sticks to the zubber

Quote Originally Posted by justzeg18 View Post
    they have this at some Michaels stores too, sold as amazing mold putty and there it's only 20.00 (at least it was the last time i bought it) It never goes on sale, so it's always eligible for Michaels 40 or 50% off one regularly priced item coupons.
    Thanks for the tip. Never saw it at the Michaels by me, but I can always take another look

Images
    I was going to get this stuff and I've read enough bad reviews online to discourage me. Has anyone used a product called EasyMolds? I watched a YouTube video comparing the two and they said EasyMolds doesn't have the sticking problem that Alumilite's putty does. It does take much longer (24 hours) to cast.