Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
capbanner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Mattel DC Lines seem to be flopping eh

Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    We had a meeting with DC Direct about them taking over the line from Mattel,
    but they had their plate full with the new directive and the 52 re-launch.
    I am so ****ed off about what they did to all of their Golden Age characters...

Grem-
    Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!

2. Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    Actually right after that meeting, Mattel started showing off wave 4 figures
    at NY Comicon. I don't know if one thing had to do with the other.
    It's a summer of superheros at the movies. Maybe they believe they can ride the wave, even though most of the movies are based on Marvel characters. Keep on being a rock in their shoe Doc. Wave 4 may yet see the light of day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    It's a summer of superheros at the movies. Maybe they believe they can ride the wave, even though most of the movies are based on Marvel characters. Keep on being a rock in their shoe Doc. Wave 4 may yet see the light of day!
    Umm, it did see the light of day.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
    -John Wayne

Images
    ....and thus is the reason some became customizers of the 8 inch Mego figures in the first place.
    The day Mego originally decided there would be no Green Lantern, Flash or Lex Luthor, so it began.
    Back to the drawing board, history repeats itself again sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin517 View Post
    I am so ****ed off about what they did to all of their Golden Age characters...

Grem-
    Who said Golden age DC hero figures? Plenty people on here that would make you one or two under the table.

PS. Hey, that Kyle Rayner and yellow costumed Sinestro looked pretty smooth. Ebay here I come.
    Last edited by Cosmicman; May 2, '12 at 5:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    We had a meeting with DC Direct about them taking over the line from Mattel,
    but they had their plate full with the new directive and the 52 re-launch.
    Any chance Marvel may be interested in Mego style dolls?

Images

Tardis

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cyclops View Post
    Any chance Marvel may be interested in Mego style dolls?
    Oh----be still my !!! I would LOVE to see MEGO styles of the movie versions of IRON MAN, THOR, WWII CAP, THE BLACK WIDOW, THE HULK and HAWKEYE!!!!!
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.