Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Are you sure it was blacked out on all the channels. It would be really strange for Florida to not show their team at all during the playoffs. The NBC network the game was supposed to be on nationally doesn't broadcast it when a local team is playing. When that happens, the game is just on the regular home network and the NBC channel shows something else. The Yankees do the same thing on YES for ESPN games. When the games are on national tv (except Sunday Night Baseball), the YES network broadcasts the games as usual and ESPN will show a game from another region. One odd thing about my cable though is I get Devils, Rangers & Islander games no problem but when all three hockey teams play at the same time, the Devils get blocked. In order to get their games, I had to pay $6 extra to get the team thats 20 minutes away while they give me two teams that are in another state. The Rangers I can understand but Nassau Coliseum is so far away from me, it may as well be on the moon. (Also the Islanders are epically bad and I don't think anyone watches them.)
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by spacecaps
      Who btw is JR? The games here are done by Chico Resch and Steve Cangiallosi but those are the Devils guys and since it was a local game, I was getting their broadcast instead of the national one tonight.
      Jeremy Roenick. I think that even the guys working with him tonight were fed up by OT.

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Ah....I know who you mean. He looks like such a dbag but as soon as he starts talking you realize, he is one too. Guy never won the cup but this is by far his best moment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ec8PNGt7N0

Im not a fan of Mike Milbury either and tonight I was spared from them.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Are you sure it was blacked out on all the channels. It would be really strange for Florida to not show their team at all during the playoffs. The NBC network the game was supposed to be on nationally doesn't broadcast it when a local team is playing. When that happens, the game is just on the regular home network and the NBC channel shows something else. The Yankees do the same thing on YES for ESPN games. When the games are on national tv (except Sunday Night Baseball), the YES network broadcasts the games as usual and ESPN will show a game from another region. One odd thing about my cable though is I get Devils, Rangers & Islander games no problem but when all three hockey teams play at the same time, the Devils get blocked. In order to get their games, I had to pay $6 extra to get the team thats 20 minutes away while they give me two teams that are in another state. The Rangers I can understand but Nassau Coliseum is so far away from me, it may as well be on the moon. (Also the Islanders are epically bad and I don't think anyone watches them.)
          yea I went thru every channel one by one and nothing...something went wrong with direct tv..it's the first game they don't show
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by toys2cool
            yea I went thru every channel one by one and nothing...something went wrong with direct tv..it's the first game they don't show
            Dude I would have been on the phone rippin someone a new one if that happened up here.

Comment

• Duncan
              Museum focus-groupie
              • Jun 27, 2009

Caps win in OT, but I have a problem with the winning goal. Knuble was all over Tim Thomas.

Comment

• spacecaps
                Second Mouse
                • Aug 24, 2011

Good game though. I had a problem with the last penalty. The announcers were right when they said the ref reacted to the crowd and called it after the fact. I thought for sure the Caps were gonna loose after that. I don't root for anything Boston and Holtby's a good story so I'm ok with the outcome. I'm hoping all the road teams win game 7 this round

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Dude I would have been on the phone rippin someone a new one if that happened up here.
                  if it would've happened to a Miami heat game then yea I would've gone crazy

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

Whatever year the Yankees opened up in Japan (03) I think I had the YES network a la carte meaning that since I don't really watch TV, I had basic cable and the Yankees network. On opening day I got up at 5 am to watch the Yanks play the Rays in Japan, turned on the YES Network and got a blank screen. I called Cablevision up immediately and they told me that as of midnight that day, the only way to get the YES Network would be to upgrade to the family package. I had Basic + YES for $12 a month and the Family Package was $45...of course I had to do it if I wanted to watch baseball but then they told me it would take 3 days for the service to go into effect. I don't think I've unleashed a profanity laced tirade on any company before of since and to this day I have the Family Package just to watch sports. I wonder if it did any good because this year the first time they blocked out a Devils game to show the Islanders and Rangers I called them up they told me the hockey package was $6 extra and the service would be turned on immediately.
                    Last edited by spacecaps; Apr 25, '12, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• spacecaps
                      Second Mouse
                      • Aug 24, 2011

Seriously too much to handle tonight. What a game....What a series......

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

Kind of snickering in the D.C. area only because the Redskins are the only team the area cares about. Watched the area news this morning and when they discussed sports; RGIII was the first order of business then the Caps win. I'm happy for both now knowing that we do have RGIII but laughing that this is typical of our town.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                          • Jan 22, 2008

And the Sens are done.
                          I think this is Alfie's last year. not too many players in the last 15 years or so can say they played their entire career with one team.

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

meh..the panthers did better then anyone expected...I didn't expect them to win anything...now to the good stuff..the Heat should destroy the crappy Knicks

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

It's interesting that 6 of the 8 first round series were won by the lower seed teams.

Comment

• batmanrocks
                                Career Member
                                • Oct 20, 2004

Well for the panthers they are in a weaker division so evn if they were higher in seeding they only had 94 pts where the devils had 102, so the devils were the better team. Panthers had a good year I was surprised they took their division, the others well flyers/pens were a toss up, the flyers did win the season series 4 games to 2. th uis just didnt play well, vancouver is a playoff fraud for the most part

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎