Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark71
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 18, 2008

Some awesome hockey again tonight, well if your a Flyer fan aawwooooooohaaaaaaaa.

Comment

• spacecaps
      Second Mouse
      • Aug 24, 2011

Two brutal losses for the Penguins. Thats gonna be tough to come back from especially having to go to Philly now. Whoever wins the series is gonna play the Devils or Panthers so the only rooting interest I have in that series is that it goes 7 and both teams beat each other up and tire each other out. I find both teams are hard to root for. I agree Hossa is a jerk but the guy I can't stand more than anyone in the NHL is Simmonds. Such a dirty player. On the other side is Crosby and he's so much of a diver they should allow him to wear scuba gear on the ice. I'd take Parise over him any day. It was a fun game to watch though. Very physical and high scoring (for a playoff game.) Bad job by NBC for scheduling all these games at the same time. At least they started the Devils at 7:00 so I could flip over to this game during commercials and intermission and I could watch the end without interup...Oh wait, the Red Wings and Predators went down to the wire too so I still had to flip back and forth to see how that game ended up. All three games tonight were very exciting and so far L.A. & Vancouver is bringin it too.
      Last edited by spacecaps; Apr 13, '12, 10:03 PM.
      "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Duncan
        Museum focus-groupie
        • Jun 27, 2009

Yeah, Flyers! Another 'character' win, and I believe Jagr had the GWG. That shut the crowd up.

Happy to see Bertuzzi address Shea Weber's misdeeds from the previous game. $2500 fine, no suspension - Shanahan is a clown.

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

My best friends oldest daughter is 9 and she plays hockey. Me and her dad are both coaches. Well the other day she asked us why we didn't like Crosby. So we explained to her who Mr 99 was and you never saw him crying and cheating and carrying on like Sid does. He would just go out and score 4 goals in a period on you. Both Crosby and Malkin are little cry babies. I really don't know who i dislike more. There are players on the Penguins i don't like but i still respect the way they play the game. Not those 2.
          I used to really like Vancouver. All that talent and they have to resort to taking dives and crying, also the way the fans handled the cup loss last year was disgusting and pathetic. You earn the cup, it's not your birthright.
          I don't hate Jersey, one of my all time favorite players was Scott Stevens. Dang the Canucks just tied it up at 1. Love Justin Williams a former Hurricane i hated to see leave.

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

When i saw Shanny get his job i was in shock. Always a crybaby himself. Waaahhhh i can't play in hartford waaahhhh waaahhhhhh

Comment

• spacecaps
              Second Mouse
              • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by MegoMark71
              Dang the Canucks just tied it up at 1.
              Yup and NBC was in a commercial break when they did. How does a network let that happen?
              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MegoMark71
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 18, 2008

Yeah i saw that. And 20 seconds into the period. Someone played an extra commercial by the looks of it. Man i love seeing someone else with as much love and passion for this game as i do. I could talk hockey for days on end. I saw my first game at 8 years old in 1979 and have loved it ever since.

Comment

• spacecaps
                  Second Mouse
                  • Aug 24, 2011

Hockey is a great game no doubt. I went to my first game when some family friends invited me and my dad to a Devils game back in the 80's. My father wanted to know when the fourth quarter started after the third period ended. I think I was 10 so that would have been '88-89. I didn't go to my second game until the mid 90's after that. Back in the day, my Grandparents were huge Ranger fans but my parents bought me a Devil pennant and a jacket when the team started up in 82. I was always a fringe fan that watched the playoffs, knew who the stars were and rooted for both teams until a few years ago when I took my son to a game cause I was looking for something to do with him during the winter. (That's him in the picture with the Devil I posted before.) He loved it so much we started going regularly and it quickly became our thing. It didn't take me very long to develop a passion for the game and decide where are loyalties lie. Here in Jersey, the accessibility of the Devils is amazing. The games are affordable and the Prudential Center is a 20 minute train ride away. This year we went to 28 games, two player meet & greets, a team practice and we watched the rest together on TV. Baseball has always been my first love but we go to about one Yankee game a year and when we do, it's an odyssey to get to the Bronx (it also costs a small fortune). Meanwhile my son and I can go watch live Hockey once or twice a week and can totally bond over the sport which is something I never could have predicted when I was younger.
                  Last edited by spacecaps; Apr 14, '12, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Glad to see the CAPS win...looks like it is going to be a great series.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• spacecaps
                      Second Mouse
                      • Aug 24, 2011

It took them 5 periods to do it. Second double overtime game of the playoffs. All the games have been great so far.

The Rangers/Senators game just got off to an interesting start too. Lots of penalties to sort out and a 5 minute major the Rangers couldn't do anything with. Anderson's made some big saves already. Good for Ottawa for not letting the Rangers get away with that crap they pulled in game one. Here in the New York area all the hockey talk is about the Rags but they're just an unlikable group all around starting with their pompous blowhard coach.

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                        The first round match ups this year are awesome. There was so much parody in the league.
                        I believe you mean "parity" !

Man, so much hate for the Pens! I guess I can relate; I actually grew up hating the Steelers and Pirates, even though the Pittsburgh market is the closest Pro city to my hometown. I never hated on the Penguins, though, because they were usually pretty bad.
                        I started really paying attention to them when they got Lemieux, and got hooked during their first Stanley Cup run in '90/'91. I had an uncle dying of pancreatic cancer at the time, and the families spent a lot of evenings at his house during his last weeks. It was a pretty depressing atmosphere, but my uncles and cousins and I could escape a bit by following the Pens on the TV as they knocked off New Jersey, Washington, Boston and finally Minnesota. I didn't know a lot about the game at the time, and it was great learning the basics with my extended family.
                        I hear a lot about Crosby's "diving" and whining, and I guess it's warranted, but I'm glad we have him. Criticism about Malkin I don't understand, but whatever, that's the great thing about sports: you can love or hate whoever you want!
                        The Pens have certainly dug themselves a big hole, but I don't count them as out quite yet.

Comment

• spacecaps
                          Second Mouse
                          • Aug 24, 2011

Malkin isn't liked because he does things similar to Crosby but he's also an arrogant bully that has to get his way all the time otherwise he wants to take his puck and go home. He'll be the MVP this year for sure but he's almost universally disliked despite his talent. I'd say he's the A-Rod of hockey but at least in A-Rods case, he's a nice guy that tries too hard whereas Malkin is a first class jerk and a dirty player. Compare him to Steven Stamkos this year. Was there any one not rooting for him to get 60? Even if you don't like or care about the Lightning, you couldn't help pull for the guy because he goes about his game the right way. The thing with all sport though is that if he's on YOUR team and he's YOUR guy, you root for him with blinders on.
                          Last edited by spacecaps; Apr 14, '12, 9:10 PM.

Comment

• Duncan
                            Museum focus-groupie
                            • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by spacecaps
                            Here in Jersey, the accessibility of the Devils is amazing. The games are affordable and the Prudential Center is a 20 minute train ride away.
                            Same with the Blue Jackets out here. There are always tickets available for less than $30, parking is $10, kids meals (dog, soda, chips & cookies) are $5, coffee is $2, Timbits (donut holes) are $3. A family 4 pack including tickets & food starts at $100. Of course beer starts at $7, and burgers & other adult foods start around there, too - but you can stick to a budget if you want.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                              • Jan 22, 2008

Sens just won game two in OT!!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                                Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                                • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by spacecaps
                                It took them 5 periods to do it. Second double overtime game of the playoffs. All the games have been great so far.

The Rangers/Senators game just got off to an interesting start too. Lots of penalties to sort out and a 5 minute major the Rangers couldn't do anything with. Anderson's made some big saves already. Good for Ottawa for not letting the Rangers get away with that crap they pulled in game one. Here in the New York area all the hockey talk is about the Rags but they're just an unlikable group all around starting with their pompous blowhard coach.
                                Did you see when there was TWO PUCKS on the ice at the same time?? In all my years of watching hockey I've never seen that before.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎