Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2712151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL playoffs start now. It's the most wonderful time of year

Images
    Oh..Fireworks too. I'd be red hot if I were the Caps after that little victory celebration. Why not blare some We Are The Champions too. Stay classy New York. Stay classy.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Rangers stole that one. Not sure if the Caps can come back this time. What a heartbreaker.

Ward is a dumb azz!!!

I must agree Sean, a little much for just a win. They didn't win the series or anything else. I think it's very disrespectful towards the Capitals. Maybe the Capitals should do the same thing for game 6 but do it before the game starts.

I must agree, ward was an idiot for that penalty, and totally cost his team. And on the subject of idiot penalties, game 5 is tonight. We shall see how bad not having Giroux will hurt the Flyers. I am really looking forward to the west finals. I have loved watching both the Kings and Coyotes. Both have 2 of my favorite players in Justin Williams for the Kings and Ray Whitney for the Coyotes. I do think the Kings will take it in 6.

Images
    The Caps game was a heart break. I don't think it is over by a long shot. All of the games have been very close and I do think the Caps will give everything in game 6. Possibly another 7 game series. It will really boil down to who wants it more and along with depth and stamina.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Images
    The Caps are not out of it yet. They have to win 1 game at a time. If they win tomorrow, the momentum shifts back in their favor. The Rangers do not want to go back to the Garden tied 3-3. A second 7 game series for them will take it's toll and come back and bite the Rags later on. They want to avoid that scenario at all cost. They're really living dangerously. A break here or there in Washingtons favor and this series could have been over already. Tomorrow, it all comes down to how the Caps handle the loss. The triple OT game was devastating but they came back and did fine. If they repeat that tomorrow, pressures all back on the Rangers. Today on the radio, they were calling the Richards goal one of the top 5 moments in Rangers history but it's a little early to be saying that considering they haven't won anything yet. If they go on and win the Cup, then yes, you look back and can call it that but they haven't even closed out the series yet. A couple of the talk shows said the confetti and fireworks was a bit extreme. At least they were finally talking about hockey and not the Knicks.

Devils had to play without their top scorer earlier in the series, now it's the Flyers turn. (Different reasons of course) If NJ can't close tonight at least they head home with a 3-2 lead and play in their building but whenever you've got a team on the ropes, you want to finish them as soon as possible.

Last round, I picked the Kings to win but I also picked the Predators in 5. Turned out to be the Yotes in 5 instead so I was half right. Nashville was really sabotaged by their own team and then by poor management (you can't discipline your star more than a game) Despite winning a game, they never really got things going and Phoenix deserved to win. Quick and Smith have both played outstanding in their respective series so I'm expecting this one to go at least 6 or 7. I give the edge to Quick (hard to believe they were the 8th seed!) and take LA 4 games to 3.
    Last edited by spacecaps; May 8, '12 at 9:40 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Images
    All the breaks went to NJ tonight. The 1st goal..maybe he was...maybe he wasn't offsides. Clarkson right through the legs for the eventual winner. Brodeur out of position and the Flyers ring 2 of the post. Philly tried to bate them again into fights but NJ wasn't having any of it and just played whistle to whistle. Philly took some stupid penalties probably out of frustration but that last one lead to Kovy's goal which really finished them off. Great series for the Devils for sure but after all that work, they're only half way there. let's see if the Caps can push it to 7 tomorrow night. If it's the Caps, Devils will have home ice otherwise it'll be NJ vs NY and that can lead to some crazy shenanigans up here.

Congrats to your Devils. It's hard to accept defeat like that. Coming into that series, based on the way the Flyers played against the Penguins, i thought they would win in 5-6 games. Jersey took them to school and will get some time to rest as i do believe the Caps will win tomorrow and make the Rangers play game 7 on Saturday. So Round 3 should Start Monday for the West and Tuesday for the East. Man this hurts. Really thought we had the players this year, even without the best D guy in the league Pronger. They really tore in Easy Breezy in the post game as they should. 9 million a year to be a crap goalie, way to go you piece of garbage goalie. No wonder we got you so easily.

Images
    The Caps were in the exact same position against the Bruins. Down 3-2. Won game 6 in Washington and then finished them off in Boston. Hoping for the same outcome tonight. I do know it will be very hard to win at Washington if the Caps score early.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty