Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

The Caps game was a heart break. I don't think it is over by a long shot. All of the games have been very close and I do think the Caps will give everything in game 6. Possibly another 7 game series. It will really boil down to who wants it more and along with depth and stamina.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• spacecaps
      Second Mouse
      • Aug 24, 2011

The Caps are not out of it yet. They have to win 1 game at a time. If they win tomorrow, the momentum shifts back in their favor. The Rangers do not want to go back to the Garden tied 3-3. A second 7 game series for them will take it's toll and come back and bite the Rags later on. They want to avoid that scenario at all cost. They're really living dangerously. A break here or there in Washingtons favor and this series could have been over already. Tomorrow, it all comes down to how the Caps handle the loss. The triple OT game was devastating but they came back and did fine. If they repeat that tomorrow, pressures all back on the Rangers. Today on the radio, they were calling the Richards goal one of the top 5 moments in Rangers history but it's a little early to be saying that considering they haven't won anything yet. If they go on and win the Cup, then yes, you look back and can call it that but they haven't even closed out the series yet. A couple of the talk shows said the confetti and fireworks was a bit extreme. At least they were finally talking about hockey and not the Knicks.

Devils had to play without their top scorer earlier in the series, now it's the Flyers turn. (Different reasons of course) If NJ can't close tonight at least they head home with a 3-2 lead and play in their building but whenever you've got a team on the ropes, you want to finish them as soon as possible.

Last round, I picked the Kings to win but I also picked the Predators in 5. Turned out to be the Yotes in 5 instead so I was half right. Nashville was really sabotaged by their own team and then by poor management (you can't discipline your star more than a game) Despite winning a game, they never really got things going and Phoenix deserved to win. Quick and Smith have both played outstanding in their respective series so I'm expecting this one to go at least 6 or 7. I give the edge to Quick (hard to believe they were the 8th seed!) and take LA 4 games to 3.
      Last edited by spacecaps; May 8, '12, 9:40 PM.
      "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

All the breaks went to NJ tonight. The 1st goal..maybe he was...maybe he wasn't offsides. Clarkson right through the legs for the eventual winner. Brodeur out of position and the Flyers ring 2 of the post. Philly tried to bate them again into fights but NJ wasn't having any of it and just played whistle to whistle. Philly took some stupid penalties probably out of frustration but that last one lead to Kovy's goal which really finished them off. Great series for the Devils for sure but after all that work, they're only half way there. let's see if the Caps can push it to 7 tomorrow night. If it's the Caps, Devils will have home ice otherwise it'll be NJ vs NY and that can lead to some crazy shenanigans up here.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Congrats to your Devils. It's hard to accept defeat like that. Coming into that series, based on the way the Flyers played against the Penguins, i thought they would win in 5-6 games. Jersey took them to school and will get some time to rest as i do believe the Caps will win tomorrow and make the Rangers play game 7 on Saturday. So Round 3 should Start Monday for the West and Tuesday for the East. Man this hurts. Really thought we had the players this year, even without the best D guy in the league Pronger. They really tore in Easy Breezy in the post game as they should. 9 million a year to be a crap goalie, way to go you piece of garbage goalie. No wonder we got you so easily.

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

The Caps were in the exact same position against the Bruins. Down 3-2. Won game 6 in Washington and then finished them off in Boston. Hoping for the same outcome tonight. I do know it will be very hard to win at Washington if the Caps score early.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• spacecaps
              Second Mouse
              • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by Adam West
              The Caps were in the exact same position against the Bruins. Down 3-2. Won game 6 in Washington and then finished them off in Boston. Hoping for the same outcome tonight. I do know it will be very hard to win at Washington if the Caps score early.
              They're saying all the right things today and they seem really loose. It's as big a game for the Rangers as it is for the Caps. No team has ever played in 2 Game 7's in the first two rounds of the playoffs and gone on to win the cup. You also never know what can happen in a Game 7 either...one bad pass or bouncing puck and your season ends on a fluke. People up here are already talking about the Rags/Devils series. It's one of the things that drives me nuts about the Rangers...it's like they have a sense of entitlement of something and they've won what...2 cups in 80 years. Everyone up here is talking about the Rangers like they're this team of destiny with all the late miracle wins and a magical regular season but no matter how good you are in the regular season, all it gets you is a spot in the playoffs and if your play enough down to the wire games, you'll eventually get burned no matter how much "magic" you've got going on. Almost every one of their games has been a 1 point difference and those OT and late game wins mask a huge flaw for the Blue Shirts...they can't score! Most nights they don't put up more than 2 goals and it's tough to win like that consistently. Either way this series turns out I'm obviously rooting for the Devils in the next round and the way they're playing, it looks like they can handle either of these teams but tonight, I'd love to see the Caps win this game 5-1 and really plant some doubt in the Rangers. There's also nothing better than a Game 7 either so for tonight....Let's Go Caps!
              Last edited by spacecaps; May 9, '12, 5:56 PM.

Comment

• Duncan
                Museum focus-groupie
                • Jun 27, 2009

Congrats to NJ. I'm sorry to see the Flyers go, but NJ was clearly the better team. The Flyers are now left with a scary situation in goal, a couple of stars, and a bunch of guys who either didn't show up to play, or maybe just aren't that good. Meanwhile Richards & Carter are resting up for the next round. Can't wait to see the next makeover of the Flyers roster.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

The thing that really gets me about easy breezy in Philly is the piece of garbage was paid 9 million dollars this year. The Flyers after giving him all that money were forced to let a few great players go because they didn't have the cash after all they gave to bryzgalov. He better have a hell off an offseason and better come back a much improved goalie of Philly might give him a one way trip to outer space. Maybe he will find his mind while out there cause that's where it looks like it was all playoffs.

Caps look good so far tonight. I give them credit on not letting some tough defeats get them down next game. It's easy for a player to say, "after the game we forget it and move onto the next", it's much harder to do it. And if anything, maybe they can beat the crap out of each other while Jersey sits and heals a bit.

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

Philly's got some questions for sure. Jagr may not come back, they've got a few up and comers, and a big question mark between the pipes. The Clarkson "goal" off Bryzgalov looks to be like one of those plays that will be talked about in Philly for years. That's the kind of play that sticks with a player for a career, especially if they don't win. Even if the Flyers come back strong next year and have some success in the playoffs, unless they win it all, that play gets brought up. The first time Bryzgalov makes a bad play or does something stupid, that play gets talked about. Heck even if another player does that to another team.."just like Clarkson did to Bryzgalov in the '12 playoffs" will be spoken. It's not as bad as Buckner in Shea cause it wasn't a Game 6 or 7 but a lot of the Philly fans are looking to that play as a microcosm of the series and are putting most of the blame on their goalie.

Whoever is writing the headlines on NHL.com is one clever dude. Tonight caption..."Holt Everything" The Rags looked flat most of the night and the only thing that made this game interesting was their goalie and some dingers off the pipe. Ovy could have easily had a Hat Trick with a fortunate bounce here or there. Holtby played great and was on his game tonight. The big turning point was that double minor PK by Washington. Even if they advance, the Rangers may regret not winning tonight. Either way, I look at this as good news for the Devils. Both teams have to go full tilt Saturday and now instead of a Game 1 on Saturday, it'll be Game 1 on Monday. Huge swing in terms of rest for NJ not to mention the Garden on Saturday night would have been insane for Game 1 if the Rangers were able to kill off the Caps this evening. Now they've got 3 days to think about it too. Caps are playing with house money. They were the 7 seed and for a time weren't even going to make the playoffs. They forced a game 7 against the 2 seed and won and now they've forced a game 7 with the 1 seed. If they loose, they go home with their heads high. The Rangers have been great all year and they're at home for the final game. They've had to go 7 games with the 8 and now 7 seeds. If they drop this game, they're gonna look at their season as a flop. Pressure is all on NY. Whoever wins is only going to get a day of rest and have to go right back out and start another series. Only danger there is too much rest for NJ and you can go cold but I don't think that'll be a problem since Washington and NY are banged up pretty good. The Devils will get home ice too if the Caps win. I will be watching on Saturday with zero rooting interest for either team but its been a great series and both teams have gone 7 in their first two rounds and now only one gets to move on. Reality TV at it's best!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

After 2 long days of no hockey we get another game 7 tonight. You always here the sportscasters talk about how there is nothing else like a game 7. They are talking about the NBA game 7 on sportscenter and how they finally have one tonight. We hockey fans are lucky to get a lions share of these each year. This will be the 4th one for the NHL this playoff year. 3 in the first round and now 1 in the second.
                      So with that said, LETS GO WASHINGTON. I hope these 2 beat the heck out of each other tonight as i really can't stand either team but the caps are the lesser of 2 evils. I don't think Jersey will have much trouble with either one as long as they play as well as they did against the Flyers.

I am picking the Kings in 6 to come out of the west.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

Let's go Rangers!!!!
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• MegoMark71
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 18, 2008

Dang Mark i thought you were cool. But with that one post i see you in a new light. Just playing of course. It's your coach i want to shake hands with a barracuda.

Comment

• spacecaps
                            Second Mouse
                            • Aug 24, 2011

Game 7's are usually edge of your seat type excitement but despite being a 1-0 game for most of it and a final score of 2-1, I wasn't hanging on every play. I'm not gonna say this was a boring Game 7 but once it got going and Richards scored that goal, there wasn't any juice for me. I mean there were some exciting moments in the 2nd period when the Caps had all those shots on goal about 12 minutes in and the last few minutes were fun but something about this game that I was looking forward to for the last few days just didn't do it for me. I would have liked Washington to come back and tie it for overtime. I'd love the Devils to sweep but that's not gonna happen. I'm still gonna pick them to advance though. Not just because I want them to win, but if they play the same way they played against the Flyers when they face the Rangers, they're the better team. The other thing is the Rangers are soooo unlikeable. I can't stand Torts bi-polar approach. When he wins he's happy go lucky and all smile but when he looses he's like Eeyore with a temper. For those that don't live around here, people usually root for either the Devils or the Rangers in this area. Occasionally there's a Flyers fan mixed in but for the most part, it's one or the other. This series is a headache. It's the same for me when the Yankees play the Red Sox. The only difference is when it's New York/Boston, I can usually avoid the Sox fans but when it's hockey every one has a side and it's impossible to avoid. I'll take the Devils in 6.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!
                            Last edited by spacecaps; May 12, '12, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• BENDY
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 28, 2003

no love for the coyotes???

Comment

• spacecaps
                                Second Mouse
                                • Aug 24, 2011

I think the Western series can go either way and I wouldn't be surprised if they advanced. Mike Smith is a great goalie. I just think Quick is in the zone and the Kings seem to have something going on. The Predators kind of fell apart internally so I don't think Phoenix was as challenged as they should have been but LA swept through one of the teams that was supposed to win it all and they did it in pretty impressive fashion which is why I picked the Kings to win the series.
                                Last edited by spacecaps; May 13, '12, 9:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎