Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

It's the same team from the regular season. The Devils have been playing like this for most of the year. No one seemed to notice though. After the all-star break, the Devils were the hottest team in the NHL. They won something like 7 straight and when they entered the playoffs they won 6 in a row and beat Florida in the 1st game. Their regular season record didn't match their talent because they got off to a really poor start. DeBoer is proving himself to be a great coach with an awesome staff and the Devils have a couple of stars and some great role-players. They scored 102 points in the regular season too and a lot of people had written Marty off. Brodeur might not be the best in the NHL anymore but he's still great at what he does when he's on. Another thing that went totally under the radar for NJ was at the trade deadline, the Devils made a really good move to get Zidlicky from the Wild. A lot of fans thought NJ gave up too much and the trade didn't get much attention when it happened but he's been a huge addition to the team. Right now the Devils seem to have great chemistry and the seem very focused. It's easy to say that when your winning but everyone will tell you the 4th win is always the hardest so the series isn't over yet. Right now it comes down to how the Flyers will come out and play Game 5. If they've got the Devils in their heads they'll be in trouble.

Tonight was the 1st night the post game show wasn't about what the Flyers were doing wrong. Instead it was about what the Devils are doing right. Still I didn't feel any relief until Zubris scored the empty netter. That game could have easily been 7-2 at the end but Bryzgalov really kept them in it. I'm sure the two by Zuby stung a bit more for the Flyers since he used to be one of them.

I also just heard the league is looking into the hit on Giroux and there's speculation he may get suspended cause of the "intent" behind the hit on Zubris. Not sure if I really agree with that but you never know. Perfect example of the Flyers showing their frustration.
    Last edited by spacecaps; May 6, '12, 10:48 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

Um what hit by Giroux? The one where the call was made on the ice. He didn't leave his feet and the only reason it was on the head was because Zubris was bending over. And i'm sure no Devils fan saw the 20 seconds before that where Zubris tried a similar hit on Giroux but didn't get all of it. Giroux didn't just hit him for the heck of it, but i'm 100% sure no devils fan saw that perfect example of a retaliatory hit. And yes it was a penalty that he served like he should have. But don't make it out to be more than it was, and Zubris is far from innocent. The league actually looks at all hits to the head. Nothing more will come of it i am sure.
      I didn't watch the post game show tonight. didn't have the stomach for it. My best friend actually called and we had a 10 minute B*tch session about the game.
      I do agree on breezy tonight, the only reason it wasn't a one sided game was his play. Maybe even the best player on the ice. Too bad for the Flyers the next 10 best players were all flippin Devils dangit.
      And I'm not taking anything away from the year the devils had. Flyers had just as good a run at the same time if you remember. But the devils were not as good as they are now. They are taking a team that coming into this series was just as good if not better because of the way they beat the Penguins. And The devils are making them their waterboy right now. Every part of the game is being won by your team. makes me sick but i'll call it what it is. It very well could be Kings and Devils for the cup. And the way they are both playing could be a very entertaining series. Now i'm not throwing in the towel yet either. We go back to philly for game 5. If we can win at home, then take that momentum back to your barn for game 6 anything can happen. Flyers did at times tonight look better than they have in the last 3 games. They actually pressured the Devils a bit.

So with both of us saying what we have. Congrats to your team and enjoy it.

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Not saying I agree with a suspension there either but what they were saying on the post game was that the league is going to look into it because he appeared to be head hunting. That's what they meant by intent. They also said that most likely nothing would come of that hit in the regular season but since everything is magnified in the playoffs, don't be surprised if he gets a game. Again, I don't think Giroux should get anything but well find out later today. He's meeting with the league this afternoon to discuss it.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

I'm pretty sure nothing will happen as he also has no history. However with Shanny there is no telling what will happen. He appears to give days by throwing a dart at a dart board. His actions are all over the place. One day a guy will get 2 games and the next a guy who does a similar hit gets 10, so who the heck knows with idiot boy shanahan. And with that said he gets a game. Pathetic but he did still hit him so it is what it is.

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by MegoMark71
            Pathetic but he did still hit him so it is what it is.
            Yup....Just came down that he is in fact suspended one game for the hit so no Giroux for Game 5 in Philly.
            Last edited by spacecaps; May 7, '12, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

It's a huge loss for a must win game. I don't like it and i think it stinks but the bottom line is Giroux still did what he did. I have seen much worse not even get called on the ice. But it is clear he hit him in the head so he gets one game. If he didn't hit him , he would be playing. If he didn't pursue him the way he did by jawing at the refs before chasing Zubris down there would be no problem. He needs to now accept the results of his actions, like it or not. He has cost the team a very critical player in a sudden death game.

Comment

• spacecaps
                Second Mouse
                • Aug 24, 2011

Interesting that he got one game considering he has no previous history but the hit on Girardi got nothing and Ovechkin is known as a head hunter throughout the league. The only thing I can think of is how Giroux acted before the hit but it does seem a bit inconsistent on Shanahan's part.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

Yeah Shanahan is a moron. but it had to be the way giroux turned his back to the play, yelled at the ref, then almost as if he said "fine i'll take care of it. The fact that he has a clean record ticks me off that he got a game. And ovenchicken gets off with nothing and like you said the idiot had a reputation as a head hunter.

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

Maybe it was a good thing for the Rangers he didn't get suspended cause he's hasn't exactly played a game that'll end up on the highlight reel tonight. I don't know which was worse, the Rangers allowing the Caps to hang in all game when they were clearly dominated for most of the game or the Caps unable to hold off the Rags for 15 measly seconds. Also they have to start OT in the box too. If you're a Caps fan, I don't know how you can watch this. It's an OT that shouldn't be. But now that I typed about Ovy having a bad game, watch him score the winner.

Comment

• spacecaps
                      Second Mouse
                      • Aug 24, 2011

Nope never mind. Rags should be down 3-2. Capitals never got out of the power play. Confetti though...this is Game 5, not Game 7...what the hell Rangers?

Comment

• spacecaps
                        Second Mouse
                        • Aug 24, 2011

Oh..Fireworks too. I'd be red hot if I were the Caps after that little victory celebration. Why not blare some We Are The Champions too. Stay classy New York. Stay classy.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 18, 2008

Rangers stole that one. Not sure if the Caps can come back this time. What a heartbreaker.

Comment

• Jordiway
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Aug 17, 2007

Ward is a dumb azz!!!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

I must agree Sean, a little much for just a win. They didn't win the series or anything else. I think it's very disrespectful towards the Capitals. Maybe the Capitals should do the same thing for game 6 but do it before the game starts.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                                Permanent Member
                                • Dec 18, 2008

I must agree, ward was an idiot for that penalty, and totally cost his team. And on the subject of idiot penalties, game 5 is tonight. We shall see how bad not having Giroux will hurt the Flyers. I am really looking forward to the west finals. I have loved watching both the Kings and Coyotes. Both have 2 of my favorite players in Justin Williams for the Kings and Ray Whitney for the Coyotes. I do think the Kings will take it in 6.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎