X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark71
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 18, 2008

NHL playoffs start now. It's the most wonderful time of year

So those who know me know i am one of the biggest hockey fans you will ever see. My teams are the Carolina Hurricanes and the Philadelphia Flyers. Canes didn't make it, but the Flyers start game one in minutes against a team i can't stand the Penguins. But for me this year is extra special cause NBC is broadcasting every game of every series over their network. I love my teams but being the fan i am, i love great hockey and will watch as much as i can. So who has a team in the playoffs. If you say the Penguins i will throw a puck at your head...lol Just kidding, i'll make it a gut shot. Dang i love this time of year. To make it better, today is also my wedding anniversary and it is nice and cold outside. Ahwoooooooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Lets get ready for some hockey my friends.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

the Panthers are in so that's cool....they ain't going anywhere but it's still cool
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

Not a panther fan but im a huge fan of their coach. I met him his rookie year in Hartford and with that i feel old as hell now. My brother was handicaped and every Christmas they had a party and some of the Whalers would come. Francis, Ulf Samuelson and Dineen were the ones that came the first year. Big fan of your coach as a person. And he did a hell of a job this year.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

GO SENS!

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penguins fan for over 25 years (since the debut of Mario Lemieux, the Magnificent One!).
          I'm watching the game now on ROOT Sports/Pittsburgh.

(and I hate the Flyers just as much as you despise the Pens, Mark!)

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

...and the first game goes into OT - sweet. Go Flyers!

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

I wouldn't have it any other way warlock, we got ya tonight though. What a game and this series is just getting started. By far this series will be the best of the first round.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Well, I have to admit, that was an impressive comeback by the Flyers; of course, their first goal should have been disallowed due to an obvious offsides, but still...

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

I have no idea what your talking about.

Comment

• Duncan
                    Museum focus-groupie
                    • Jun 27, 2009

Nice to see Jake score the GWG.

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

Washington Capitals. Maybe they can do something being a low seed this year (reverse psychology). I don't have high expectations, but they are a team that is dangerous and entering the playoffs off of two big wins against very good teams.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• spacecaps
                        Second Mouse
                        • Aug 24, 2011

I've been watching the last couple of nights but for me, they really start tonight. Can't Wait!

Last edited by spacecaps; Apr 13, '12, 1:20 PM.
                        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Adam West
                          Museum CPA
                          • Apr 14, 2003

Caps lost in OT 1-0. I think they are hoping to take one game from Boston on their turf, sweep them on ours and finish them off.
                          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• megoapesnut
                            The name says it all!
                            • Dec 3, 2007

I was playing poker Wednesday night and they had the Pit-Philly game on the TV in front of the table. The dealer is a huge Pit fan and when they scored 4 unanswered goals to win it, he promptly showed his disdain and growled "that's it, I am dealing some mean cards now guys, watch out!"

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

The first round match ups this year are awesome. There was so much parody in the league. Even several of the teams that didn't make the playoffs finished above 500. The Rangers looked real good and that made me sick..lol I think the Sens will still make that a tough series. And as good as Vancouver is, until Luongo proves he can win road games i won't support them. And the crap they pulled in game one makes the sport look bad. The refs didn't buy all the diving they did in game 1 and will call it even closer tonight if they pull that garbage again. Tough loss for the Capitals last night but what a great game. I have to pull for the Panthers because of Dineen. I hope my Flyers can take a 2-0 advantage back to Philly for game 3 Sunday. I have to pull for Nashville as i despise the Redwings and what a great game last night in Phoenix, tough almost winning in regulation. I love the Blackhawks but the player i hate most in the NHL is Marian Hossa, guy is a chump on the ice and an even bigger jerk off it, however he is one hell of a player, i just can't stand him. I'd support Chicago if it wasn't for him. And i don't dislike the Sharks or Blues but i would like to see the Blues make a run for their fans, some of the best in the league. God i love this sport and this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎