Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Thread: Dying hair color

Dying hair color

Can you dye female doll hair? I have a Jackie Smith I want to She-Hulk, but she has brown hair. Can I dip her in Black Rite?

Well I went ahead and dyed her Kelly Green. I think if I dont wash the hair color out and just let it dry it will be OK. On the plus side I don't think I need to paint her face now. She Greened out very well.

Images
    What did you use to dye it? I'd be curious to see if the color stays on the hair, and if you're able to comb it. Hair made of synthetic materials doesn't have a great track record with dying it.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Blog Entries
    I've used Rit Dye on FC gals hair with success, this was a FC Psylocke.

I still see a bit of purple in the hair.
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
    -John Wayne

Depends on what time of year it is. Missouri & Arizona
    Images
    At one point in time I wondered what to use and if it would work to. I did a dye job some time back on some el cheapo CTVT female rooted hair heads just to experiment. My findings have been that when using RIT DYE one has to let it dry for a good couple of days or better. Other wise it just washed right back out again.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Images
    I tried another route for the hair dying issue. I had a Mini Brats head I transplanted onto a Mego Female body and decided to turn it into the young female Robin. The Bratz head was like a lite brown haired. So I took a permenant orange marker and ran it through the hair and scalp. The ink of the marker added a bonus of being like a styling gel. But You could'nt touch the hair after wards as your finger tips would pull the color right off the synthetic hair.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

7. A couple years ago, I put some black RIT DYE in a jar with a screw on lid.

I had used the dye for clothes and was just experimenting.

I tossed in a scrapped out Oz Dorothy head to see what would happen. I shook it up a few times. Let it sit for days. Rinsed the head with tap water and then tossed it in to soak even longer.

After rinsing and letting it dry for days, the hair was jet black! Of course, the skin was too!

I tossed in a nice Waltons Mary Ellen next to try for a Mary Ellen Orion. Just aiming for black hair since I'd repaint the skin to be green anyway! Worked like a charm! Jet black hair (and skin)! Sadly, I got sidetracked with real life before I ever finished the custom, but I've still got the head!

Oh yeah, later I tried a Doc Mego Supergirl head. That didn't end so well. The hair didn't take the dye very well at all. Don't know if it was because of the "blonde" hair vs Mego brown. Or if the problem was a different chemical composition vs what Mego used.

Good Luck!
    "They say no man can resist them."

Images
    I think all the hair I tried to dye was on more modern heads as well, and mine didn't work well either. Interesting that some of the older ones have taken dye pretty well. Next time I'm using RIT dye, I'll throw some old junk heads in to see how they turn out.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy