Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I was really disappointed when this,line tanked. It had sooo much potential. Hopefully DST will continue it at some point.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

personally,I just don't see this line getting produced any further...while the figures themselves are the best 8" out there of only 2 figures,it has been nothing but a let down and false hopes...these would of been much nicer than upcoming EMCE Battlestar figures and they already producing 4 figures

DST hasn't announced anything and they will likely use the Rogers license for Minimates or something else

Comment

• bmd93@hotmail.com
        • Sep 8, 2011

***!

I've always wondered why Zica started off the line with those 2 figures. I guess there is some logic in having Buck in the first wave, but Tiger Man was already available in 2 forms already in the clasic line (12" and 3 3/4"). For a line like this, which is aimed at primarily adult collectors, I think offering something new (i.e. Hawk) to get colletors exicited would've been the best thing to do. And why change factories in the middle of the first wave? Under the best of circumstances this would cause problems with delays, etc. Why not wait until the the first wave is out?

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bmd93@hotmail.com
          I've always wondered why Zica started off the line with those 2 figures. I guess there is some logic in having Buck in the first wave, but Tiger Man was already available in 2 forms already in the clasic line (12" and 3 3/4"). For a line like this, which is aimed at primarily adult collectors, I think offering something new (i.e. Hawk) to get colletors exicited would've been the best thing to do. And why change factories in the middle of the first wave? Under the best of circumstances this would cause problems with delays, etc. Why not wait until the the first wave is out?
          Being as Buck was the main character in the show he had to be in the first wave. Tiger Man was picked for a few reasons. One, because I thought it would be best to include a villain with the first set. Two, Tiger Man was the second figure to be ready by the factory and I wanted to get these to market ASAP. And three, I wanted people to see the amount of detail that I was able to put into these figures and thought that Tiger Man was a perfect example.

I changed factories because the one I was using increased the MOQ on me by 1000 each when I was considering making the remaining three figures. This coupled with the fact I wasn't happy with them over some other issues made me decide to switch factories.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback on these but I have to agree I would have released Hawk in the first wave.

Buck and Hawk is like Kirk and Spock ....

Trek companies never release bad guys until Kirk and Spock is out there first.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Why not of just produced all 5 at once? they all were technically wave 1...

then,released them as a whole wave of 5....

DST are never going to produce or finish this line

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                Why not of just produced all 5 at once? they all were technically wave 1...

then,released them as a whole wave of 5....

DST are never going to produce or finish this line
                I couldn't afford to produce all 5 at once, simple as that.

Comment

• Type Two
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 20, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                  It's easy to Monday morning quarterback on these but I have to agree I would have released Hawk in the first wave.
                  I'm just glad we got the two figures, period. I would have loved a Hawk, too, but what is done is done.

Most important to me, though, was the production of the amazing ZICA body. A game changer, a new standard, whatever you want to call it.
                  Last edited by Type Two; May 13, '12, 8:45 PM.
                  Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

Mattel could not do it, EMCE could not do it, Zica did, they got out a Mego like product with no defects or problems (far as I know) Zica produced a Hot Toys Quality item at a resonale price. I wish we could have gotten more figures, but Iguess it is not to be. Thank you for 2 super wonderful figures Zica.

Comment

• bmd93@hotmail.com
                      • Sep 8, 2011

Thanks!

Hey Zica, thanks for answering my questions. I had no idea about the MOQ issue. And I thought that might be your explanation for Tiger Man, it is a great figure, but Hawk would've been nice. I noticed Hawk went unbidded on, will he be offered again?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

As a fan from the very first episode, I thought Tigerman was a logical choice. He featured in the first story, he was a bad guy (to square off against Buck), and the figure nicely showcased all the details of costume, sculpt and paints.
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                          Mattel could not do it, EMCE could not do it, Zica did, they got out a Mego like product with no defects or problems (far as I know) Zica produced a Hot Toys Quality item at a resonale price. I wish we could have gotten more figures, but Iguess it is not to be. Thank you for 2 super wonderful figures Zica.
                          Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by bmd93@hotmail.com
                          Hey Zica, thanks for answering my questions. I had no idea about the MOQ issue. And I thought that might be your explanation for Tiger Man, it is a great figure, but Hawk would've been nice. I noticed Hawk went unbidded on, will he be offered again?
                          I'm waiting to see what DST plans to do with the line before I attempt to list the Hawk figure again.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, I have to say Buck and Tigerman were easily the most popular and logical choices for this license. And from an esthetic perspective, Tigerman was especially a grand slam. Easily one of the most detailed and well designed figures ever made in the eight inch scale. It's hard to argue against the craftsmanship and care that went into making both these figures. This board was ablaze with excitement as we waited for these figures to go into production, so I never got a sense that character selection factored into the results. Unfortunately these lines have to find a life outside the Mego forum. And I imagine it's hard to gauge who will actually buy these lines and who just offers an opinion and moves on. When these lines perish, I don't think the reasons are always as concrete as we would like to think. It's truly a roll of the dice. It always seems to be about timing your product against the mood of the buyer. So hard to do. But from my perspective, this line gave us everything we could have asked. The quality was top notch and I'm glad to have what we got.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

this line and zica should have succeeded! i still dont get it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎