X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Buck Rogers Hawk Production Sample

I've listed one of three production samples of the Buck Rogers Hawk action figure on ebay. I still don't have any idea what DST's plans are for the line but if you want to get a Hawk figure like what my company would have produced here's your chance.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

bro! that's awesome!
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Just....WOW
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Toy Talk
        Old and out of touch
        • Aug 7, 2009

Sooooo want the figure, sooooo can't afford it. Damn those monthly bills!!!!
        "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I could picture Palitoy swooping down on this one --- like a hawk

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Wow! Fantastic!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

OH MY GAWD! That figure is DAMNED gorgeous!

Way too rich for my blood though; I hope that someone gets it before the bidding becomes too dear.
              JediJaida

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Beautiful! Such a shame these aren't going to be produce as-is, but hopefully DST will do the right thing!
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Type Two
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 20, 2010

Yeah! I see this as a roll of the dice. You buy the production sample and DST makes one anyway and you feel stupid. However, if DST never makes a Hawk figure, you'll feel like a genius and make the Hawk sample your avatar. 50/50 shot.
                  Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Type Two
                    Yeah! I see this as a roll of the dice. You buy the production sample and DST makes one anyway and you feel stupid. However, if DST never makes a Hawk figure, you'll feel like a genius and make the Hawk sample your avatar. 50/50 shot.
                    This auction is like a bootlegger dog whistle.

Honestly though, DST bought out the package deal. It could have been A) to get the Buck license for some other purpose, which seems really, really unlikely. B) to utilize the Zica body molds in future projects if it were somehow legally tied to the Buck franchise deal (which makes no sense) the way the original rights were negotiated (a deal could have been negotiated for the body tooling without buying the Buck license under normal conditions. If I recall other properties were being developed for the body in prototyping like the Logan's Run figures, so it doesn't seem like there's any contractual tie-in.) It seems most likely that Zica sold/transferred the proprietary body tooling to DST as part of a package deal expressly because the Buck molds were designed around this body design, and the body inclusion would allow DST to produce them as is. So, C) DST may well be producing them, albeit in new packaging or with less hand choices, etc - but otherwise as prototyped.
                    It doesn't make much financial sense to pick up a license with complete tooling already paid for and then chuck it all to use something else.

But... you know... I hope the buyer has some silicone experience
                    Last edited by Tothiro; Apr 10, '12, 9:53 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Tothiro
                      . . .It seems most likely that Zica sold/transferred the proprietary body tooling to DST as part of a package deal expressly because the Buck molds were designed around this body design. . .
                      This is precisely why they bought the body tooling along with the Buck molds, primarily due to the fit of the body armor for Hawk and the Draconian guard. The thing that concerns me is not being able to determine where making these figures falls on their priority list. The remaining Buck and Tiger Man inventory was part of the buyout deal yet it's still sitting in my warehouse. You would think that if they were ready to get the ball rolling on producing the other three figures they would want to get this remaining inventory and start making plans to repackage it.

Comment

• Tothiro
                        Kitten Mittens
                        • Aug 28, 2008

Very true, and even after a deal is done there are a lot of things that can keep the toys from actually hitting shelves and shopping carts... so it's not 100% sure when, how, or if they'll all release.

I guess from a DST perspective if they are planning a packaging change, that surplus product would pose a small logistical issue. I guess it also depends on how much volume was left as well and how significant that volume is compared to their production plans. There's nothing to say the existing inventory has to be the first out of their gate... But you would think it would be easier and faster to get to market.

It's heartening that the body purchase pertains to two of the three characters not yet produced - at least that shows a level of intent on DST's part.
                        Last edited by Tothiro; Apr 10, '12, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Agent4125
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 23, 2007

Will the other two figures (Draconian Guard and Kane) also be offered on eBay?

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

what an awesome figure! i still dont understand why this line wasnt successful! outstanding figures/ product , price, and service- yet it wasnt enough. craig, do keep us posted on other projects. i really like your vision and attention to detail on your products.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Agent4125
                              Will the other two figures (Draconian Guard and Kane) also be offered on eBay?
                              No, I never received production samples of those two figures. I've only got prototypes and I'm keeping them in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎