Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buck Rogers Hawk Production Sample

Buck Rogers Hawk Production Sample

I've listed one of three production samples of the Buck Rogers Hawk action figure on ebay. I still don't have any idea what DST's plans are for the line but if you want to get a Hawk figure like what my company would have produced here's your chance.

Images
    bro! that's awesome!
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Images
    Just....WOW
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    Sooooo want the figure, sooooo can't afford it. Damn those monthly bills!!!!
    "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Images
    I could picture Palitoy swooping down on this one --- like a hawk
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Wow! Fantastic!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

OH MY GAWD! That figure is DAMNED gorgeous!

Way too rich for my blood though; I hope that someone gets it before the bidding becomes too dear.
    JediJaida

Beautiful! Such a shame these aren't going to be produce as-is, but hopefully DST will do the right thing!

Images
    Yeah! I see this as a roll of the dice. You buy the production sample and DST makes one anyway and you feel stupid. However, if DST never makes a Hawk figure, you'll feel like a genius and make the Hawk sample your avatar. 50/50 shot.
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Type Two View Post
    Yeah! I see this as a roll of the dice. You buy the production sample and DST makes one anyway and you feel stupid. However, if DST never makes a Hawk figure, you'll feel like a genius and make the Hawk sample your avatar. 50/50 shot.
    This auction is like a bootlegger dog whistle.

Honestly though, DST bought out the package deal. It could have been A) to get the Buck license for some other purpose, which seems really, really unlikely. B) to utilize the Zica body molds in future projects if it were somehow legally tied to the Buck franchise deal (which makes no sense) the way the original rights were negotiated (a deal could have been negotiated for the body tooling without buying the Buck license under normal conditions. If I recall other properties were being developed for the body in prototyping like the Logan's Run figures, so it doesn't seem like there's any contractual tie-in.) It seems most likely that Zica sold/transferred the proprietary body tooling to DST as part of a package deal expressly because the Buck molds were designed around this body design, and the body inclusion would allow DST to produce them as is. So, C) DST may well be producing them, albeit in new packaging or with less hand choices, etc - but otherwise as prototyped.
    It doesn't make much financial sense to pick up a license with complete tooling already paid for and then chuck it all to use something else.

But... you know... I hope the buyer has some silicone experience
    Last edited by Tothiro; Apr 10, '12 at 9:53 PM.
    Looking for Tong body style LHT/Australian release Ninjas of any color, and here's :::My Expansive Wants List::: WARNING: I am medical malady boy, and have recently proven to be chronic iffy-to-negligible-trader-response-guy. Like After School Special worthy. This is my self-imposed Scarlet Letter.