Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Movies articles - Dr. Strange and Thor 2, Captain America 2's new director(s)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Some new information:

It's been confirmed that Cobie Smulders would reprise her role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill from The Avengers [in The Winter Soldier].

Marvel and Disney announced that Edgar Wright's Ant-Man would hit theaters on November 6, 2015. According to The Examiner, filming for Ant-Man will start in January 2013.
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; Mar 22, '13, 1:27 PM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Later in January, Toby Jones, who portrayed Arnim Zola in The First Avenger, said that he will reprise the role in the sequel.
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

In January 2013, Kevin Feige confirmed that Ant-Man will be the first film in Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which will also include Doctor Strange.
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Is Patrick Dempsey on board for Dr. Strange? I had heard early-on that he badly wanted the role--I think he'd do well.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Is Patrick Dempsey on board for Dr. Strange? I had heard early-on that he badly wanted the role--I think he'd do well.
            Last I heard, Dempsey was lobbying for the role, and then nothing since.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

He would be fine in the role. He could use a star vehicle like this for sure. McDreamy time is over.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I'm still missing Joe Johnston on Cap. I don't understand why he isn't involved.

Chris
                "We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, 'We want to do a ’40s World War II movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.' I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time."

—Kevin Feige
                sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Re: Cap 2 directors.

Yeah. That's a lie.

What's the logic of hiring two guys who are rom-com/sitcom directors for a political thriller?

If you want someone who can do that, you've got numerous established and up-n-coming options. Brad Anderson is probably the best in the suspense genre right now. Why not him?

That's why Johnston was a logical choice for Cap; the guy made Rocketeer so he knew what did and did not work. Even the guy who replaced Brannagh on Thor has a background in Game of Thrones.

It's about agents, connections and tax credits. Those three decide every film now, unless the talent involved is mega-big. Marvel is cheap, and hiring these two is doing a favor in trade for previous or future tax breaks.
                  Last edited by hedrap; Mar 18, '13, 9:45 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

As long as we don't get a Tim Story Fantastic Four film, I'll be okay. Those movies are enjoyable for what they are, but there are some wrong-headed directions in those films (Dr. Doom being number one, wishy-washy Reed Richards number two).

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

As I said about Cap: WS being a lie. I finally read they are shooting the sequel in Cleveland, where the directors are from.

The brothers are highly connected politically via family members, even though a number of them have been brought down recently on corruption charges.

But, it's a crock about qualifications. I'm sure they're getting Marvel sweetheart tax breaks and huge discounts throughout the state, so once again, Cleveland won't see jack off of the production. Only New Meixco and Louisiana have made out on location shoots. Ohio will be like Michigan, mid-west states who take a bath.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Maximiliano Hernández will reprise his role as Jasper Sitwell.
                        Last edited by Operation:Mego; Mar 23, '13, 5:32 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Robert Redford in talks to appear in The Winter Soldier as someone in "a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D"?
                          Interesting!
                          EXCLUSIVE: Here is a fun Marvel scoop. I’m hearing that Robert Redford is in discussions to join the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the sequel that brings Chris Evans back as the shield-carrying superhero. Redford is in talks to play a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D., the superhero collective run by Samuel […]
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Deleted.
                            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Apr 2, '13, 3:45 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Reports are that Georges St. Pierre will play Batroc the Leaper in The Winter Soldier.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• May 21, 2011

I did not expect Batroc to ever appear in a live-action film.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎