Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Movies articles - Dr. Strange and Thor 2, Captain America 2's new director(s)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    Since Johnny Depp has not yet invaded the superhero genre, I still think he'd be a shoo-in to play Dr. Strange. And if you can't get GTD, just get Gore Vibinski and it would all fall into place! Or, if Depp's not your cup of tea, how about David Tennant? He'd likely do a good Strange, too!
    I was thinking Depp as well.
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; Nov 2, '12, 1:30 PM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

The Avengers 2:

In October 2011, producer Kevin Feige said during the New York Comic Con, "Iron Man 3 will be the first of what we sort of refer to as phase two of this saga that will culminate, God willing, in Avengers 2".
      In March 2012, Joss Whedon stated that he would want a sequel to be "smaller. More personal. More painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."
      At the premiere of The Avengers, Feige said they have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes.
      In May 2012, after the successful release of The Avengers, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced a sequel was in development.
      In July 2012, it was reported that Scarlett Johansson will earn $20 million to reprise the role of Black Widow in an Avengers sequel, breaking Angelina Jolie's record of $19 million for The Tourist.
      At the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International, Joss Whedon said he was undecided about Avengers 2, stating, "I have not come to a decision on directing Avengers 2. I am having too much fun with this [Firefly reunion] now".
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Thor 2

In July 2012, Mads Mikkelsen stated in an interview that he will not be appearing in Thor 2 due to prior commitments, "That's not happening unfortunately. I had a meeting with [the filmmakers], but it was a bit too late and then Hannibal came in...It's just not happening"

Captain America: The First Avenger:

Speaking together, with some crosstalk, Joe Johnston, Shelly Johnson, and Jeffrey Ford said on the audio commentary that the experiments performed by Zola enabled Barnes to survive the fall shown in the film.
        Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jul 22, '12, 11:28 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Patrick Demspey?

Good grief no...lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
            I read that if Johnston had directed it, he would've wanted Peter Dinklage to play M.O.D.O.K. and have A.I.M. involved in some way (probably connected to HYDRA or something).
            OMG that would have been AWESOME. They went with Winter Soldier over MODOK?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I'm still missing Joe Johnston on Cap. I don't understand why he isn't involved.

Chris
              The more I think about it, the more disapointed I feel. Johnston had wanted to direct a Winter Soldier spin-off I remember, so I feel bad for him too. I don't get why Marvel replaced every director with new ones (except for Favreau, he chose to drop-out).
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                The Avengers 2:

In October 2011, producer Kevin Feige said during the New York Comic Con, "Iron Man 3 will be the first of what we sort of refer to as phase two of this saga that will culminate, God willing, in Avengers 2".
                In March 2012, Joss Whedon stated that he would want a sequel to be "smaller. More personal. More painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."
                At the premiere of The Avengers, Feige said they have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes.
                In May 2012, after the successful release of The Avengers, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced a sequel was in development.
                In July 2012, it was reported that Scarlett Johansson will earn $20 million to reprise the role of Black Widow in an Avengers sequel, breaking Angelina Jolie's record of $19 million for The Tourist.
                At the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International, Joss Whedon said he was undecided about Avengers 2, stating, "I have not come to a decision on directing Avengers 2. I am having too much fun with this [Firefly reunion] now".
                August 2012, Iger announced that Whedon will return to write and direct The Avengers 2 (Disney set a May 1, 2015, release date.) and develop a Marvel TV show for ABC.
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series revealed to be ABC show:

S.H.I.E.L.D. is a planned American television series, based on the Marvel Comics organization of the same name. It will be produced by Marvel Television and air on the ABC network, and will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sharing continuity with the films in that franchise. A pilot, to be written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and directed by Joss Whedon, has been given the green-light.

In July 2012, Marvel Television entered into discussions with ABC to do a new show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though at that point it was undecided what the show would be. It was described as "'a kernel of an idea' with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show." In August 2012 it was announced that The Avengers director Joss Whedon, creator of cult hit shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly, would be involved in the show's development. A few weeks later ABC ordered a pilot for a show called S.H.I.E.L.D.; the pilot was to be written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, directed by Joss Whedon, and executive produced by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb. Jed Whedon, Tancharoen and Bell will serve as showrunners if the pilot goes to series. Joss Whedon stated that the show would be autonomous from The Avengers, saying "It’s gotta be a show that works for people who haven’t seen the Marvel movies. It will please Marvel fans, I think."
                  That. Is. Awesome! I can't wait!
                  sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

With or without Nick Fury I wonder?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Ooh, I hadn't thought about that. Good point...
                      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

More info:

Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson: An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who oversees many of the division's field operations.[1] The character will headline the series.

Skye: A character described as "bubbly and goofy" but "also warm, edgy and witty." She's in her late 20s and can more than hold her own in any situation.

Agent Grant Ward: A gruff, anti-social manly man in his early 30s who's great at his job but not so great at getting along with his coworkers. Ward has a strong moral foundation and isn't without his charm.

Agent Althea Rice (a.k.a. The Cavalry): A strong, silent type, still damaged by harrowing combat duty, Rice is in her late 30s and is both an ace pilot and a weapons expert.

Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons: A twosome so connected to each other they're known as "Fitz-Simmons." They're in their late 20s but already highly respected agents. They're attractive and nerdy, and bicker like brother and sister. His specialties are weapons, gadgets and cutting edge technology. Hers are life sciences (both human and alien).

At the New York Comic Con, Joss Whedon, Kevin Feige and Clark Gregg announced that Gregg would be reprising his role as agent Phil Coulson in the series' pilot, and would "headline" the series.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Looks like it's confirmed that Frank Grillo will play Crossbones in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

How is Clark Gregg back as Coulson? Is this set before Avengers?

Crossbones...he was Bane before Bane was Bane.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Chris
                              Unless he starts out as Coulson before he becomes the Vision.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                Looks like it's confirmed that Frank Grillo will play Crossbones in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I read that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kevin Durand and Josh Holloway all screen tested for the lead villain role. Think it might have been for Crossbones?

That's what I was thinking.

Chris
                                I looked it up, Crossbones was introduced 4 years before Bane did. They even stole the mask design. Tsk, tsk DC.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎