X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Updates!!

Neonpunch reported in April 2012 that "The Mandarin" will be the name of a group led by Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3.

Jessica Chastain was in discussions for a role in the film but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts.

Andy Lau has been cast as "an old friend of Tony's from China".

James Badge Dale has been cast as Eric Savin.

Jon Favreau remained an executive producer of director Joss Whedon's spin-off film The Avengers and will also serve as a producer of Iron Man 3.

Kevin Feige said Iron Man 3 would begin shooting in North Carolina "in five weeks" and that it "is a full-on Tony Stark-centric movie ... very much inspired by the first half of 'Iron Man ... [H]e’s stripped of everything, he’s backed up against a wall, and he’s gotta use his intelligence to get out of it. He can’t call Thor, he can’t call Cap, he can’t call Nick Fury, and he can’t look for the Helicarrier in the sky."

Iron Man 3 will be distributed worldwide by Walt Disney Pictures, however DMG Entertainment will release the film in China and the Tele München Group will release the film in Germany and Austria.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 24, '12, 11:20 PM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
      [url]
      My hope is that Pepper gets her Rescue armour in the third movie. Gwyneth Paltrow has really made the character come alive with a great deal of charm and holding her own as a foil for Downey Jr's Tony Stark. She deserves to get some more spotlight and action.
      Rescue (2010 Marvel) #1 NM | eBay
      http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rescue-2010-M...Cv!~~60_12.JPG
      They wouldn't pull another "armor buddy" storyline. The James Rhodes thing was cool but putting Pepper in a suit on screen would flop the story. Especially if they used the way she did it in a book. She purposely had the operation (and ruined her body) so that she could be like Tony. There would have to be a better storyline behind that if they pulled that off.
      To make Ironman 3 successful they need new fish, new stories.

If you watch the first Ironman. There is that Terrorist Iranian guy who gets beat up and he has some group called the Ten rings or something like that. I thought for sure they were going to have some kind of modern Mandarin with an Iranian guy as the magical ring villain. Perhaps that were pushing for that idea and that's why they threw those hints around.

Honestly, they need to stick to a good story that came from a comic book. Something that isn't repeating any of the other movies storylines.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
        They wouldn't pull another "armor buddy" storyline. The James Rhodes thing was cool but putting Pepper in a suit on screen would flop the story. Especially if they used the way she did it in a book. She purposely had the operation (and ruined her body) so that she could be like Tony. There would have to be a better storyline behind that if they pulled that off.
        To make Ironman 3 successful they need new fish, new stories.

If you watch the first Ironman. There is that Terrorist Iranian guy who gets beat up and he has some group called the Ten rings or something like that. I thought for sure they were going to have some kind of modern Mandarin with an Iranian guy as the magical ring villain. Perhaps that were pushing for that idea and that's why they threw those hints around.

Honestly, they need to stick to a good story that came from a comic book. Something that isn't repeating any of the other movies storylines.
        Well, let's see:

Iron Man faces a villian who uses Stark technology to fight him.

Iron Man 2 faces a villian who uses Stark technology to fight him - whoa, wait a minute.
        Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 21, '12, 5:24 PM.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎