X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

$3,014,170,389,176,410.......

This is one of the SINGLE claims against the US government from Katrina victims. That is $3 quadrillion:

Katrina victims seek as much as $3 quadrillion
    sigpic
  • MegoGeekJr
    Youngest Mego Lover
    • Dec 6, 2005

Is that even a number?
    My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah it is. It's the next one up from a trillion. Don't know where they think they'll be getting that kind of money from.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

idiots. Its a holes like that who ruin it for true disaster victims. I can't wait for the investigation to end in FLA for the hurricanes here. It looks like FEMA awarded claims soley based on address. If you lived in a low income neighborhood you got it, if you lived where you should be able to afford insurance, screwed. We still spent a grand that we never got back from insurance for living expenses like a ladder, roofing supplies, restaurants and gas.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

You guys over the pond had better brace yourselves for a new tax if this case wins....
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• theantiquetiger
            Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
            • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            idiots. Its a holes like that who ruin it for true disaster victims. I can't wait for the investigation to end in FLA for the hurricanes here. It looks like FEMA awarded claims soley based on address. If you lived in a low income neighborhood you got it, if you lived where you should be able to afford insurance, screwed. We still spent a grand that we never got back from insurance for living expenses like a ladder, roofing supplies, restaurants and gas.
            A friend of mine lost his entire $300,000 retirement home in Waveland, MS. He is near retirement and is not getting a dime for it because State Farm said the house was destroyed by the tidal surge, not the hurricane. They consider this flooding. He is a lawyer, so he is taking the bar exam for MS inorder to fight them in MS.
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

You know the Federal government should feel fortunate...she could have asked for more.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                yeah I know a lot of people who never got anything back,and I also know a few who are being investigated
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bill
                  Parminant Memble
                  • Oct 20, 2002

If you're overly sensitive to such things like flooding, perhaps you might not want to live below sea level. Just a random thought.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by toys2cool
                    yeah I know a lot of people who never got anything back,and I also know a few who are being investigated
                    Yeah, there are more than a few jokers down your way that filed claims after Charlie, that hit nowhere near Miami, and received FEMA checks.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

3 quadrillion? Only in America
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

It would seem to me that it makes common sense to take out a flood insurance policy if you live in an area that has a likelihood of flooding.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Bill
                          Parminant Memble
                          • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by Adam West
                          It would seem to me that it makes common sense to take out a flood insurance policy if you live in an area that has a likelihood of flooding.
                          The only problem with that, which after the Mississippi case where the judge sided with the insurers, is that not all providers offer flood insurance. Here in Florida you almost have to be on the State run Citizens Insurance, which aside from having very high prices does not offer flood insurance. So the simple answer is just to pick up a separate flood policy through one of the smaller companies and be covered for everything... BUT... thanks to that Mississippi case there are no clear boundaries or descriptions of what is "Flood Damage" "Wind Driven Rain" or "Storm Surge." So Citizens can claim that the water ruined your wiring, drywall, carpeting, etc... and your flood policy provider then claims that the rain was wind driven and caused by the failure of your roof or windows and not a "flood" per se, which if it wasn't a flood Citizens should cover.
                          My insurance has quadrupled in five years and now they provide less.
                          My answer was install all new windows and a new roof so far, hopefully I can replace the garage door and add hurricane straps in the attic this year.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Luckily I don't have to carry flood insurance here. If a storm surge makes it this far inland, we're all toast anyway. My parents live up the way from you in Tarpon and are getting fleeced by Citizens and the flood ins. co. too.

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

HAW!

So... they're asking for almost THREE TIMES the US GNP? I'd love to see how they came up with THAT number. And despite all that; part of me suspects there's a SMALL chance they just might win....

>If you're overly sensitive to such things like flooding, perhaps you might not want to live below sea level. Just a random thought.

Good advice; but not always feasable. Sometimes you're stuck.

>The only problem with that, which after the Mississippi case where the judge sided with the insurers, is that not all providers offer flood insurance.

Hmmmm.... I think the problem a lot of folks had was that they THOUGHT they had flood insurance.

>My insurance has quadrupled in five years and now they provide less.

That seems to be the way of the world nowadays....

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎