X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    Female, you'd have the market cornered for actual good mego scale female bodies.

TOTALLY AGREE with that!
    sigpic

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
      House of a thousand Megos
      • Aug 10, 2009

I would like to have the FEMALE body and it would be cool if you could make the same head with different hair color choices and please make a black girl so we can update Uhura!!!
      Last edited by Trappy Trek Freak; Apr 2, '12, 7:47 AM. Reason: typo
      Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        • Aug 10, 2009

The only two good female bodies right now IMO are retro mattel WW and Hunter Ann, so the Zica Female would be a knockout!!!

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          • Aug 10, 2009

There are a bunch of choices for male bodies to hold us over until the male body is produced, we have Mego, EMCE, Castaway, Mattel, Hunter Dan, Zica type1, Jakks Pacific, and various custom bodies that people come up with. A Female body is needed really bad especially one with a good head sculpt since most mego female heads are bulky and baloon-like, although Dinamite is a good scale head.

Comment

• groovedirk
            • Dec 18, 2011

I think the female body would be best if you can only do one to start. Also since the old Mego heads aren't compatible with the new body (and since most of the female Mego heads stink IMHO) you could also release a set of 4-6 heads as a separate pack to help people customize. And since I have no desire to root hair maybe one (or two) heads with molded hair (especially short hair like the Danger Girl doll or the FC Spider Woman).

--Dirk--

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Well it definitely seems as though the female body is winning the battle of the sexes when it comes to which one should be produced first.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                • Aug 10, 2009

Ladies First

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Aha! I knew that chivalry wasnt dead!

Trappy, you are a true gentleman.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I just have more than a few female customs that should be a bit shorter than my nine inch figures and I think these bodies will be better suited for it than cutting down the arms and legs of FC gals.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Now, to be fair, yes, the original Mego female body had issues.

Teeny hands and feet, and in the case of most of the gals, ginormous heads. The only one to escape that fate was Dinah mite; why they couldn't keep the head size that small and still make the WGSH line as well as the others is beyond me. Even Dorothy's head is a bit big compared to Dinah's, although the resemblance to Judy Garland was nearly spot on.

I really didn't like the way that the neck post on my WW doll kept disappearing into the chest cavity; and not all of them were capable of standing on their own. That ball at the waist bugged me too.

On the other hand, the Rood Speel Supergirl doll did away with that; the chest piece and waist ball were combined into one unit, kinda like Doc's body.

Okay, that makes her a smidge taller than the usual Mego gals, but not overly so.

I don't really remember there being anything else to compare to when it came to articulation in dolls/action figures from the time.

Certainly not Barbie. She wasn't articulated until last year, and while G.I. Joe was always articulated, he wasn't as portable as the 8" line by Mego.

Comparing Craig's body to either vintage Mego or repro Mego is kinda like comparing apples and oranges. It just can't be done.

Am I sorry that I can't put either repro heads or vintage ones on Craig's new body? Sure, but I can always buy one from Doc if I feel I have to use one of his heads or a rerooted beauty.

I just had a thought; eventually, the vintage heads will run out, won't they? Hopefully not for years, and by that time, Craig will have several more female heads to choose from.

If they didn't cost so darned much to have made overseas, I'd try and have a few made. (A few thousand according to experts, at 'X' per head. That's a lot of moola, and I basically can't afford it.)

Okay, I just realized that I'm babbling, and am probably going to bore someone to death with my doing so.

So, I apologize for the babbling.

P.S. Craig, good luck in this endeavor, and no matter which one you decide to produce first, you will be getting quite a bit of my cash for it.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

If you make it I'll buy it. A female body works fine if you decide to make that first.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MadLithuanian
                          • Jul 18, 2011

Female!

If I had a choice, I'm more amped to see the female body first....

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I do believe that you have your answer Craig.

The choice, however is up to you.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              I do believe that you have your answer Craig.

The choice, however is up to you.
                              Yeah, it definitely looks like the female body is the favorite. I'm already in the process of working out the details with my new factory.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎