Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most informative thread about The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

The most informative thread about The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2

Trvia (relating to the pictures because the amount of trivia the show includes is mind boggling and I cannot believe how much they cram in):

Rhodey has been referenced as War Machine more than once:

In the first (production-wise 3rd) episode, when Stark is confronted with the 14 HYDRA goons he comments "Maybe I should've brought Rhodey along with me."

In the Earth's Mightiest Heroes comic book story Obsession there's a flashback of Iron Man and War Machine capturing the Crimson Dynamo together, which explains how appeared in the Vault. It also explains his need for revenge shown in The Breakout episode.

James "Logan" Howllet had a 10 cameo in the Meet Captain America episode. Logan fights alongside Captain America and other heroes as a Howling Commandos soldier in World War II. He's first shown searching for cover from the HYDRA ambush (he's also says "Bub!" Yay!) and later hiding in the water to do an ambush of his own.

Also, The X-Mansion is mentioned to in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "Masters of Evil". A newspaper has a photo of it with the cover story "Secret School for Mutants?". And finally, in Marvel's The Watcher, episode 23, Professor Xavier and Magneto are shown in a pre-imaging stage, as well as an incomplete scene of Magneto destroying something (hinting at a team-up episode between The Avengers and X-Men).

Peter Parker appears the comic-book story Team as a photographer that Wasp chooses to take their team photo. His appearance looks how he looked like in The Spectacular Spider-Man, confirming Josh Fine's/Christopher Yost's new MAU (including Wolverine and the X-Men). I also hope Josh Keaton voices the wall-crawler again. Captain America also gets his kite-shield.

The Fantastic Four, Falcon, Vision, Doc Sampson, and Yellow Jacket have all been confirmed to appear, but it's cool to see them in animation (and from the looks of it, this is their second, or higher, appearance). Due to storyboard leaks, Power Fist and Luke Cage were shown to appear as well as Ant-Man II (Scott Lang steals the suit to save Cassie. The same story also involves Cage and First, so it’s basically Heroes for Hire).
    War Machine, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Winter Soldier were all rumored to appear, and it’s nice to see that they do appear (my inner fan-boy is screaming with joy!).

It’s also been leaked, due to an animation artist, that episode 52 the season (series?) ender, that Galactus comes to earth and all of earth’s heroes have to unite to defeat him.

Also, an artist who did storyboards for the show released some of Thor (in his new outfit) with Sif and Beta Ray Bill in another Asgard adventure.

Episode titles and descriptions:

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    April 1st, 2012 at 12:15pm - 12:45pm (ET/PT) - "#27 The Private War of Dr. Doom"
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four are attacked by the forces of Doctor Doom, who have come to capture Wasp and the Invisible Woman. As the two teams fight to save New York from Doombots and rescue their teammates, they soon realize that there is more to Doom's attack than meets the eye, in the season two debut of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

April 8th, 2012 at 11:37am - 12:00pm (ET/PT) - "#28 Alone Against A.I.M."
    Caught without his armor, Tony Stark faces A.I.M.'s latest creation, Technovore, a power-hungry monster. While Tony fights for his life, A.I.M. moves to steal the Iron Man armor itself, only to come face-to-face with Captain America, Black Panther and War Machine, in a new episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

April 15th, 2012 at 11:30 - 12:00pm (ET/PT) - "#29 Acts of Vengeance"
    The Avengers hunt down the Masters of Evil only to find that the Enchantress is trying to take them down first. The Enchantress wants revenge on Zemo and his team for betraying her, and the Avengers find themselves caught in the middle, in a new episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

April 22nd, 2012 at 11:30am - 12:00pm (ET/PT) - "#30 Welcome to the Kree Empire"
    An envoy from the alien warrior race, the Kree, visits Earth to determine if humanity is fit to join the ever-expanding galactic empire or be crushed in its path, in a new episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

April 29th, 2012 at 11:30am - 12:00pm (ET/PT) - "#31 To Steal an Ant-Man"
    When Hank Pym's Ant-Man suit is stolen, he takes it upon himself to find the thief. Desperate to find his suit before it can put anyone in danger, Hank is pulled into a criminal underworld and caught in Crossfire's crosshairs, in a new episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Christ Yost teases us:

"April is going to be a huge month for The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the first four episodes set up threats that the Avengers are going to be dealing with all season," says Yost, "As well as introducing a new member of the team, the incredible Ms. Marvel!"

"April 1st brings us the premiere episode of Season Two, 'The Private War of Doctor Doom,' as the combined forces of the Avengers and guest stars the Fantastic Four take on Marvel's greatest super-villain," Yost explains.

Yost also pointed out an upcoming episode that brings the attention squarely on the Armored Avenges. "'Alone Against A.I.M.' is an Iron Man-centric episode that takes Iron Man out of his armor at the worst time possible as A.I.M. attacks Start Tower," Yost describes. "Unleashing the terrifying nano-tech creature known as Technovore against Stark."

Also airing later in April 2012, Yost covers a couple others episodes in brief. "'Acts of Vengeance' features the return of the Masters of Evil, while 'Welcome to the Kree Empire' introduces Ronan the Accuser and really brings the threat of the Kree Empire into focus," Yost says, adding, "Not to mention introducing S.W.O.R.D. and the return of Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel."

While his comments were brief, Yost did add one more cryptic comment.

"Big things are coming ... and Season One was just the warm-up...."
    Now, enjoy these pictures:

The Private War of Dr. Doom

Acts of Vengeance

Welcome to the Kree Empire

Cap gets his new shield, courtesy of Tony Stark

Captain America escapes his Skurll prison and is engaged with the dreaded Super Skrull!

Comic books:

• Face Front, Action Fans! It Starts Here!
    • An All-New Line Of Comics Aimed At Readers Of All Ages Who Like Action, Live For Danger…And Love Heroes!!
    • The Marvel Tv Animated Smash Is Coming To Comics! Written By Chris Yost, Head Writer On The Hit Series!
    • This First Issue Features Two Huge Tales That Catch You Up On All The Action As Agent Coulson Takes You Through The Drama Leading Up To The Launch Of Season Two This Spring On Disney XD.
    • Don’t Tell Your Parents Because When Earth’s Deadliest Villains Meet Earth’s Mightiest Heroes…No One’s Goin’ To Bed Early!

• Two breathtaking tales of THE AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES by Chris Yost, the head writer of the hit animated series.
    • Lightning striking stone! Thor and Iron Man vs. Grey Gargoyle!
    • Plus: It’s might vs. bright when Hulk, Wasp and Hawkeye take on Marvel’s most malicious Mensa member: the Wizard!

* Captain America and Nick Fury must rely on their wits to escape the ancient power of the Zodiac Key and the vile Scorpio!
    * Then, opposites attract -- trouble! Free-wheelin' Hawkeye and regal Black Panther find themselves on an unlikely team-up -- through time.

Storyboards:

To Steal an Ant-Man

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Oct 11, '12, 12:02 AM. Reason: NOBODY has any idea how messed up it was and how long it took me to fix it.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
    • May 21, 2011

Jus added a new picture (the final Doom episode one).
    sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

A butt-load of pictures, including Ant-Man II, Rulk (Red Hulk), The Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man in his new suit (Mark 9), Skrull Cap, Hulk, Hawkeye, and 2 new bad guys that I don't recongize. But be sure to let me know if you do!
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

So apparently, the Australian episodes were shown out production order, and the US episodes were shown out of the Australian order. So they've been shown twice, and every time, it's been out of order....that's real good. Way to go.
        sigpic

Comment

• Type Two
          Career Member
          • Sep 20, 2010

Yeah, Marvel apparently gave up on this excellent series early on in favor of a new animated series more like the movie. Such a shame, as "Earth's Mightiest..." was just hitting its stride, kind of like "Spectacular Spiderman" was before Marvel pulled the plug.

Also: weren't these last few episodes made in 2010 and shelved until now?
          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

That really ****ed me off, as EMH is Marvel's best show so far. So many plots were left unfinished....it's sad how Yost's and Fine's show got screwed over like it did.

2011, not 2010. But yes, all season 2 episodes were finished by October 2011 but were held back for God knows what reason. I think it had something to do with Loeb taking over but I'm not sure.
            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Pictures:

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Oct 10, '12, 11:43 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• jquest
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 19, 2007

I don't remember these Scenes? Does the Fifth DVD release have all the Final Episodes? Also, did they ever include the Web episodes on any of the DVDs?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by jquest
                      I don't remember these Scenes? Does the Fifth DVD release have all the Final Episodes? Also, did they ever include the Web episodes on any of the DVDs?
                      No, not the final episodes, just the ones dealing with the Secret Invasion plot. Those images were from previously aired episodes, but since they're a better quality than other released images, I've decided to post them too. New episodes air Sundays at 11:30 a.m. on Disney XD. And yes, they did release the micro-sodes, it's Volume 1.
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Wish netflix would add season two
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

I bought this set at Walmart ...
                          I am a Couple Episodes in ...
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jquest
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                            No, not the final episodes, just the ones dealing with the Secret Invasion plot. Those images were from previously aired episodes, but since they're a better quality than other released images, I've decided to post them too. New episodes air Sundays at 11:30 a.m. on Disney XD. And yes, they did release the micro-sodes, it's Volume 1.
                            http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...ume-1-dvd1.jpg
                            Cool! So, they're still showing New Episodes?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Yep, Sundays at 11:30 on Disney XD. Episodes are On-Demand as well if you've missed any.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎