X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
    Never let it be said Harbingerboy doesn't commit...Picked up the first 18 basics today in one lot for a nice MIP collection.
    Whoa! Awesome haul.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
      Career Member
      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Whoa! Awesome haul.
      Thanks, I was excited to find them. Y'know, I find it really odd Hasbro hasn't really gotten into the plush market for these, considering the custom plush that regularly sell from $200-$2,000 on ebay. It's insane.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

My Little Pony Bridesmaids Wave 1 - Hasbro - My Little Pony - Mini-Figures at Entertainment Earth

My Little Pony with Pet Figures Wave 5 Set - Hasbro - My Little Pony - Mini-Figures at Entertainment Earth

My Little Pony Princess Candace - Hasbro - My Little Pony - Mini-Figures at Entertainment Earth
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Y'know, I find it really odd Hasbro hasn't really gotten into the plush market for these, considering the custom plush that regularly sell from $200-$2,000 on ebay. It's insane.
          There are few official ones out there. I got the talking storybook Twilight Sparkle one. I wanted Pinkie Pie (the toy even sings the Cup Cakes song!) but she was sold out. But, yeah, I gotta agree. I too am surprised there isn't more. The demand is certainly there.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

How legit is this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Po..._qi=RTM1084479

I'm not seeing any MLP or Hasbro logos.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
              How legit is this?

I'm not seeing any MLP or Hasbro logos.
              It's real. It's from the My Little Pony Miniature Collection. It's just not been officially released yet.

My Little Pony News: My Little Pony Miniature Collection

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                Career Member
                • Jun 18, 2007

There are few official ones out there. I got the talking storybook Twilight Sparkle one. I wanted Pinkie Pie (the toy even sings the Cup Cakes song!) but she was sold out. But, yeah, I gotta agree. I too am surprised there isn't more. The demand is certainly there.
                I've seen those, but I thought they looked...off. Then I read that they utilized the G3 designs. *sigh*...I may have to look into some commissions...

The styling guides really helped, my basic Pinkie looks much more like her animated counterpart now (the rest are enduring another round of trials).

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

The styling guides really helped, my basic Pinkie looks much more like her animated counterpart now (the rest are enduring another round of trials).
                  That looks really good. Haven't had the guts to customize any of mine yet.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I can't believe they're up to Wave 4 of the Blind Bags. I've only ever seen Wave 1.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 18, 2007

That looks really good. Haven't had the guts to customize any of mine yet.
                      The basics are pretty simple, it's the tweaking/trimming that can be a tiny headache with some (I've avoided styling product/spray/gel). This was the first time I've ever attempted anything like this myself and now I feel like, with a little more practice, I could probably successfully restyle the custom WGSH Spider-Woman (formerly WW) in my Mego collection that has always been perfection save for a slightly wirey 'do...It may take a time or two (or three) to shape em just right, but you just repeat the process if it isn't to your liking, and definitely be careful when trimming. After a couple tries, my openers are close to where I want them, but not quite yet (bit more trimming and reshaping a few should do it)...

Oh and you definitely don't need the original "forelock" releases of Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle or Cheerilee to get the right look. In fact, it's probably best not to use those.
                      Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jun 19, '12, 5:11 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Looks great. Looks factory styled. Nicely done.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Buy My Little Pony Blind Bags 2011 Wave 2 at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy My Little Pony Fashion Ponies Wave 5 at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy My Little Pony Magical Friendship Express Train Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 18, 2007

Do you work for EE?

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 18, 2007

Thanks. Took the pins and bands off Celestia & Cheerilee from the boxed sets today (haven't had the patience to deal with the Cutie Mark Crusaders yet). Again, a little more shaping/trimming and they'll look just about right...

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Thanks. Took the pins and bands off Celestia & Cheerilee from the boxed sets today (haven't had the patience to deal with the Cutie Mark Crusaders yet). Again, a little more shaping/trimming and they'll look just about right...
                                Your Cheerilee looks really sharp. The hair on my School Pals one is a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎