Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Check out my sweet haul! The TRU near me had the Mystery Bag Ponies and they were buy one get one free! I got pretty lucky. Even got all three of the chase glitter ponies.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Dang. BOGO? I was just there the other day. Oh well, I got my little one the figure pack with Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo (the Cutie Mark Crusaders) and Cheerilee. It'll go in her Easter basket.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I haven't seen many of those ones in the bag. All I ever see at Wal-Mart are empty boxes.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Awesome! The show is great. It has so many things going for it. It's fun, crazy and slapstick. It's innocent and sweet without being sugary or condescending to girls. The characters are deeply fleshed out with their own personalities and quirks. It's also beautifully animated and wonderfully voice acted.

One of my favs: Feeling Pinkie Keen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkpiaspae0
          Yup!.....I began recording for my little girl and found myself addicted to watching it.....very well made and entertaining and the animation is amazing!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            I was just there the other day. Oh well, I got my little one the figure pack with Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo (the Cutie Mark Crusaders) and Cheerilee. It'll go in her Easter basket.
            That was a really good find. That set is still fairly hard to get. I've only seen it twice.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

They had about 10 of them at the Target we went to today. $3 cheaper than TRU to boot. Oh well.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Giving this a bump because I just heard about the SDCC exclusive. Heard it's Derpy.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

That would be funny! My daughter is still waiting for the ones they premiered at the NYC Toy Fair.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    Giving this a bump because I just heard about the SDCC exclusive. Heard it's Derpy.
                    It is Derpy.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.a...y-01.jpg&text=

I am so getting that.

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

I admit it freely. I freakin' love this show.

It is totally NOT written for kids.

I'm a Rainbow Dash fan, which makes me about 20% cooler.

My husband actually sits here and watches the show when I've got it on... and he regularly quotes Fluttershy's "yay" during happy moments.

And yes, I'm going to need a Derpy.

I was hoping for a Dr Whooves though.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

It is Derpy.
                        Derpy looks to be the larger 'fashion' scale rather than the basic 'playful' scale, is that correct?

I'm new to the world of bronies, but after checking out the show, the excellent animation and character design, and fun writing, I'm kinda hooked. In getting into the merchandise though, the various scales are a bit daunting. I want a SDCC Derpy, but the fashion scale line isn't for me. The basic playful line is great, but there are still variations of scale in characters like Celestia, Luna, Cadance, etc...I prefer the more on-model looks of the molded-mane gift-pack (not like I'm sitting around brushing these lol), but that doesn't even provide for the "mane six." The minis are fun, especially the new packs coming with secondary/non-repaint characters...Hmm, suggestions?
                        Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jun 13, '12, 4:53 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                          Derpy looks to be the larger 'fashion' scale rather than the basic 'playful' scale, is that correct?
                          Yes, from what I've seen it's the fashion scale. The Fashion Ponies are very nice when you don't use the extra fashions and accessories with them. They are then just like big versions of the regular playline ponies.

I prefer the more on-model looks of the molded-mane gift-pack (not like I'm sitting around brushing these lol), but that doesn't even provide for the "mane six." The minis are fun, especially the new packs coming with secondary/non-repaint characters...Hmm, suggestions?
                          The molded hair Friendship is Magic giftset is really nice. Love the Pinkie Pie in it. It's flaws are you don't get Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash or Rarity and Apple Jack still doesn't have her hat. The only way to get Apple Jack with her hat in the basic scale is with the Sweet Apple Barn playset. The hat is still not show accurate in color but at least she has one and the little playset is actually pretty nice. You also get a little white cat like Rarity's pet Opal

My suggestions are go with the basic play line. Way better character selection. You can then pick and choose the the figures and accessories that are the closest to being show accurate. Like with the Rainbow Dash with the skateboard scooter comes with her pet turtle.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 18, 2007

My suggestions are go with the basic play line. Way better character selection. You can then pick and choose the the figures and accessories that are the closest to being show accurate. Like with the Rainbow Dash with the skateboard scooter comes with her pet turtle.
                            Thanks wolf, I think you're right. Especially since the basic line seems to be expanding its commitment to scale/accuracy this year (5" Nightmare Moon coming in fan faves TRU pack; 4" Cadance & Shining Armor w/Castle). The talking Celestia in white is a nice gesture from Hasbro, but hopefully we'll finally see the 5" version in white soon.

I don't understand what the deal is with Applejack's complete lack of a cowboy hat across the line (barring the mentioned off-model blue hat from Barn playset). I'd like to see that addressed soon, as well as another molded gift-pack with the remaining mane six.

Any word how the 4" Luna (based on the upcoming 4" Cadance) that's popping up in overseas auctions will be sold?
                            Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jun 13, '12, 4:53 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                              Any word how the 4" Luna (based on the upcoming 4" Cadance) that's popping up in overseas auctions will be sold?
                              No idea. Only thing I know is she started to hit ebay about a month ago. She looks much better than the previous Target exclusive Princess Luna but I am a little disappointed she doesn't have the show accurate collar.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Never let it be said Harbingerboy doesn't commit...Picked up the first 18 basics today in one lot for a nice MIP collection.

Then I picked up the traveling wave & Royal Castle Friends pack on the cheap for a set of openers of the mane six (plus Spike & Celestia). I found an incredibly helpful and seemingly simple tutorial for styling these much more closely to the toon's style guide...

Tutorial can be found here...http://kawaiimo.deviantart.com/art/K...-1-2-286805121. I'll be attempting this myself this week!
                                Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jun 13, '12, 7:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎