Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Langella as Skeletor

Frank Langella as Skeletor

Hey gang...here's my latest painting! 11x14 acrylic on canvas.
    This is my favorite role of Frank Langella, and my favorite movie villain of all time. He was really challenging to paint, because his face is totally buried in makeup, leaving only his eyes to really capture his likeness. I also added a lot of color to the stark white face to enhance the features. Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by enyawd72; Mar 26, '12 at 8:56 AM.

Scary! Very cool, too.

Great work!

I love Langella's portrayal of Skeletor. It's definitely the highlight of the MOTU movie, and one of the all time great villain perfomances, in my opinion.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.

bro, you're amazing! Love it
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

That is insanely cool!! Langella was awesome as Skeletor. He loved the part and it shows. He makes the movie. Definitely one the all time great movie villians.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Langella is Brilliant in this role ! Love this Film ! very nice artwork also!

I guess I need to give this movie a try again. I was so disappointed in it, because it is so far off any of the source material. I do remember like Langella in the role though.

Either way, nice painting!!!

Chris

A short clip of Langella talking about Skeletor. One of his favorite parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfiOOwJTgg8
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    A short clip of Langella talking about Skeletor. One of his favorite parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfiOOwJTgg8
    Great clip!! Nice to see Langella really loved the role.

Superb! (& this is how I"ve always pictured a "real" Dr. Destiny, as well.)
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; high-grade, complete POTA Forbidden Zone playset; OMBC Grok MOC; T1 molded Robin belt; vintage King Arthur and Galahad boxes; minty Wolfman tights; LJ Silver and Black Knight swords; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA knife.