Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
capbanner

Thread: Illusive Concepts Life-size Yoda

Huh? Illusive Concepts Life-size Yoda

Anyone know the going rate for an Illusive Concepts Life-size Yoda? I am thinking of selling mine, I see them on ebay listed from $800-$1200 or so, but I don't know if anyone ever actually buys them at that price.

They look like this; http://www.ketzer.com/movie_props_replicas/yoda.html

Images
    I have seen them listed around $800, but I have never seen one sell for more than $400.
    "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

I've also read that the quality of the paints, and the latex itself, could vary wildly on these guys, so if yours hasn't started to dry out or crack and has a nicer paint job ( more green that gray etc...) you might have a better chance selling it.

Yeah don't think mine has any cracks yet. Mine is not an early number either, not sure if that matters. Maybe the later ones were a little better? Just a guess.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking.. that the ones listed on ebay are probably not a good gage.. since they just sit there and I have not actually seen one sell.

Yea completed listings are really the only numbers that matter. Pick a low one as a good place to start and talk it up nice. Good Luck!

Images
    I always thought these were cool but as a buyer, I really wouldn't invest too much in one. Just because the rubber isn't cracked or dried out today doesn't mean it won't eventually happen to it (and it's already happened to a lot of them.) I think thats why the market on these is so low compared to a life sized Han Carbonite they released around the same time. If I did happen to own one of these, I'd probably sell it before any chance of a profit crumbled away. Good luck!
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Yeah but that could be said for any of this stuff.. I've seen star wars figures that were essentially melting and Megos that were so grey they looked like a corpse.

Images
    No doubt some toys are more of a risk owning than others but latex rubber is far more fragile and harder to maintain than some of the other plastic stuff out there. I collect a lot of the Mattel stuff from the 60's that is prone to melt marks and sure it damages the figure but at least it doesn't disintegrate entirely. I had a Gammorian Guard Halloween mask displayed on a styrofoam head once that was totally fine for years and one day I went to dust the shelf off and found the mask had just hardened up and started to crumble. I ended up tossing it not long after. I also remember my Infaceable toys just rotting away in my Heman box and the Lord of The Rings had that cave troll figure where the latex mouth was disintegrating while it was still on the store shelves a few years ago. I just think with the rubber stuff, it a liability. You have to always be careful of how and where you keep it and even then, there's no guarantee it will keep. I'm sure that you'll have no trouble selling yours because its in nice condition and it's a pretty rare Star Wars piece but if the new owner doesn't watch where he displays it, he could find it deteriorating in no time quick.
    Last edited by spacecaps; Mar 23, '12 at 10:36 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

I read that latex breaks down faster if you live in the city due to the smog. Perhaps this factors into your decision?

Images
    or I have heard that Humid cities are bad as well...I know I've had a bunch of latex masks that have all melted away

try and get someone to trade you for the Pepsi give away one I own one of those and it's awesome
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook