Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Cap's return looks to be getting a lot of positive toy press.

This article hints at upcoming products like a Red Skull outfit for Dr Evil, Captain Action in his modern uniform and Lady Action.

Captain Action Pop Cult
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Cap's return looks to be getting a lot of positive toy press.

This article hints at upcoming products like a Red Skull outfit for Dr Evil, Captain Action in his modern uniform and Lady Action.

Captain Action Pop Cult
      Very cool. I've decided I'm going to pick up the deluxe sets now. But I am going to try and price them. Lots of people going overboard on that part.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce getting the DC License for CA

Lady Action would bring in some female Marvel Character sets

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
          Very cool. I've decided I'm going to pick up the deluxe sets now. But I am going to try and price them. Lots of people going overboard on that part.
          It looks like I should have a couple of extras of these in the next week or so. When I get them in, I'll post them up on the marketplace. Maybe I won't be too overboard for you.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Teemu
            Wouldn't be surprised if they announce getting the DC License for CA

Lady Action would bring in some female Marvel Character sets
            I imagine they will be milking that Marvel license for a while. I think the Marvel license is what fans of this line have craved. And I see Round 2 exploring that path for a while. Lots of characters to make and I doubt Marvel will want them taking up license with their competition just yet. DC is having branding issues right now anyway with their heroes. It might be a while before anyone desires to touch that mess they've made.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rche
              It looks like I should have a couple of extras of these in the next week or so. When I get them in, I'll post them up on the marketplace. Maybe I won't be too overboard for you.
              Thanks bro. I'll certainly give it a look when you post. Most appreciated.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

My local TRU got Captain Action in today. I think they had maybe a half dozen. No shelf tags. They were stocked on the bottom shelf under the Avengers toys. No costume sets. Since they didn't have shelf tags I don't know if it means they sold out or just didn't get any in.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Our TRU had 2 CA and one each of the Spidey and Cap outfits. Looked much better in person.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

I was able to get 2 of Captain Action and one each of the Capt. America and Spider-Man sets today!
                    At first I just saw CA, there were 3 on the bottom shelf, so I took the two I planned to get but continued looking for the uniforms. I found Spidey first, then checked behind and there was Capt. America!
                    I was happy to see them there although I wonder why the CA figure was on the opposite end from the uniforms on the shelf?
                    They did have the price labels for them on the shelf.
                    There was one CA and one each of the uniforms left.

I'm glad I got them.
                    I would like the photo box though so am considering getting the Deluxe CA figure if I can afford too.
                    I used birthday money from my brother and sister to get the sets I did!

Comment

• levyguy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 4, 2009

I really want Round 2 to get the DC license for CA.
                      And I hope they bring back Action Boy and sets for him too.
                      Lady Action does not interest me.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                        Our TRU had 2 CA and one each of the Spidey and Cap outfits. Looked much better in person.
                        I saw them today and had the opposite reaction. I liked the photos, didn't care for the actual product...and to be fair, I didn't like the masks and didn't get past that.

Truth be told, I'm kinda glad I didn't want them. I didn't want to start a new collection.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• captact
                          King of Super Queens!
                          • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                          >>> Hope this review was helpful.<<<

Thank you Tom! Great review! I'm sooooo looking forward to these!
                          Hey Boywonder0!!!! LMK as soon as they arrive to our TRU!!! Wanna get one of each costume!!!!!! TC
                          Ray

Comment

• captact
                            King of Super Queens!
                            • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                            Cool! That could be the best birthday present for me then!
                            Hey Ariel,..I contacted Amoktime,...they still consider me International and wont ship......How are you getting your orders if we both live in same country??? Weird!!!!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                              70's Era Pimp
                              • Sep 7, 2011

I jusat bought the set if three on Evilbay for $120 with shipping. That's not too bad for the set and not needing to hunt them down.

I will be thrilled if they get the DC licensing.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                                I imagine they will be milking that Marvel license for a while. I think the Marvel license is what fans of this line have craved. And I see Round 2 exploring that path for a while. Lots of characters to make and I doubt Marvel will want them taking up license with their competition just yet. DC is having branding issues right now anyway with their heroes. It might be a while before anyone desires to touch that mess they've made.
                                Agreed. DC really wants to push the new look of their characters right now, and as much as I'd love DC CA, I want silver/bronze age versions that match the Marvel ones, not Jim Lee crap.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎