Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Best price on Deluxe sets that I've seen so far-

Toys from Stewart's Attic
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
      Hey Warlock664. Do you currently have one of the Playing Mantis Captain Actions? I ask because I was going to see if you could put the masks (secret identity and hero versions) on the head of a Playing Mantis CA to see how it reads. I'm just itching to know that! And I would be immensely grateful.
      MIB41 - I have a couple of these sets ordered, and I will be looking to see if they work with PM or vintage Cappy bodies/heads. I will post up a note here to let you all know if/how they work with the vintage bodies. I'll probably also be posting up some extras in the marketplace, as I tend to order by the case.

Also- just to note. The Playing Mantis heads are just a little bit smaller than the Ideal ones. Not yet sure how they compare with the new R2 sculpts.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Excellent! Thanks rche. Yeah. I thought the Mantis heads were smaller which may or may not help the masks. My initial thinking was the new Round 2 heads were slightly too big, which is why the masks seem stretched and warped when placed on him. But I'm not sure if that's the fault of the head or the mask itself. The mask seems to hold better scale when sitting in the package.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

These are totally wicked!

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
            Best price on Deluxe sets that I've seen so far-

Toys from Stewart's Attic
            Thanks for the link. Lots of great pics. Finally a side by side pic with a classic CA.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Keeler
              • Jun 22, 2009

Got my hands on the figure and both costume sets. Have only tried the Spider-Man figure so far. First impression, overall great Romita costume likeness which is exactly why I bought it. Wish the costume was not so tight, does have an effect on poseability. SI masks are much better looking in person, and the PP mask did not seem bobbleheadish when on the figure. Web shooters may be the best action figure accessory in years! Do not have a playing mantis figure to compare with but do have an original with original Spidey costume. Will try to post a pic of both next to each other soon.

Also the "guest appearance" on one of Hawkeye's arrows is a nice touch/surprise!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Keeler
                Got my hands on the figure and both costume sets. Have only tried the Spider-Man figure so far. First impression, overall great Romita costume likeness which is exactly why I bought it. Wish the costume was not so tight, does have an effect on poseability. SI masks are much better looking in person, and the PP mask did not seem bobbleheadish when on the figure. Web shooters may be the best action figure accessory in years! Do not have a playing mantis figure to compare with but do have an original with original Spidey costume. Will try to post a pic of both next to each other soon.

Also the "guest appearance" on one of Hawkeye's arrows is a nice touch/surprise!
                Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. It's great hearing positive comments on those who have bought these. Still none of these in Louisville TRU.

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

I wonder how long it will take for them to show up at TRU in NJ?

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

It was posted on Captain Action's facebook page that the new figures have started to hitting TRU. Nice pic of CA dressed as Spidey too.

Captain Action | Facebook
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 1, '12, 11:25 PM.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Found a video review on youtube.

Cool to see a video review so soon. But unfortunately the reviewer gets a few things wrong. He has Captain Action and Captain America's belts switched and couldn't figure out how to get Captain America's gloves on. Maybe he didn't know the hands pop off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPCJ73pwVrY

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

I will be checking my local TRU religiously now.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Found a video review on youtube.

Cool to see a video review so soon. But unfortunately the reviewer gets a few things wrong. He has Captain Action and Captain America's belts switched and couldn't figure out how to get Captain America's gloves on. Maybe he didn't know the hands pop off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPCJ73pwVrY
                          Wow. That is just plain nuts. Clearly this guy wasn't too engaged with the product to even take the time to keep the outfits straight or read the simple instructions. Plus he didn't even show the figure with Steve Roger's mask on either. Thanks for posting though. Good to see the figures are getting out there. Hopefully someone else will film this set.

Comment

• levyguy
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 4, 2009

Hope I can find them at my local TRU soon.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I received a notice from Amok Time that says they will start processing the Captain Action orders on 04/12/12.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                                I received a notice from Amok Time that says they will start processing the Captain Action orders on 04/12/12.
                                Cool! That could be the best birthday present for me then!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎