Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The problem with reviews, in my opinion, is everyone has their own interests and biases. There seemed to be little effort in the previous review on posing the figure or even getting the outfits on right. I prefer what Cool Toy Review did. Multiple pics of the figure in several action poses from many angles. Let the pics speak for themselves and I can judge the figure for myself.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• levyguy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 4, 2009

I hope I don't have any problems finding these at TRU.

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

These are in stock now at BBTS.

Comment

• argent007
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 7, 2005

I planned to pre-order these, but I'm glad I didn't. The alter ego head sculpts look awful. They look like the same square jawed old guy, but not at all like Rogers or Parker. Oh, well.
          My Updated Want List:
          Comic book original art
          1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
          Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• argent007
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 7, 2005

Are those really the final sculpts? Anyone know?

Maybe, they are just preliminary sculpts for the alter ego heads. (Fingers crossed.)
            My Updated Want List:
            Comic book original art
            1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
            Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I think what you see is what you get. What I don't know is whether those masks will look better on a Playing Mantis CA figure. I'm hoping someone gets those and tries them out. One of the problems here is the new CA has a slightly bigger head than he should and it's emphasized by a pencil neck. That is where your getting the bobble head suggestions from.
              Last edited by MIB41; Mar 26, '12, 6:11 PM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Here is a great review. Sorry if it had been discussed before. I keep wanting these more and more with every review I see. So far the only bummer for me is the Steve Rogers mask which seem to have been mass produced with the "Lazy Eye" condition. Check it out!

http://aftimes.com/2012/03/umpire-re...uipment-packs/

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for the link! That's about as thorough a pictorial as your going to get on these. I think I'll be picking up the TRU CA and baseline outfits. The deluxe editions simply have too many problems with the identity masks. It doesn't look like a different CA figure would fix what ails the Rogers and Parker masks. But I will support the line and hope later deluxe editions make improvements.

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

AFTimes does have really nice photos of Captain Action.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

BigBadToyStore.com has the figure and costume packs in stock.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Captain Action Deluxe Retro Action Figure - Round 2 - Captain Action - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth
                        Captain Action Captain America Deluxe Costume Accessory Pack - Round 2 - Captain America - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth
                        Captain Action Spider-Man Deluxe Costume Accessory Pack - Round 2 - Spider-Man - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                          I think I'll be picking up the TRU CA and baseline outfits. The deluxe editions simply have too many problems with the identity masks. It doesn't look like a different CA figure would fix what ails the Rogers and Parker masks. But I will support the line and hope later deluxe editions make improvements.
                          I'll admit, after the initial reviews on MWC's review site I was on the fence about these (even though my first action figures as a kid were Ideal Captain Action figures with Superman, Batman and Phantom costume sets). I finally decided to pick up the deluxe sets from BBTS. While the alter ego masks are disappointing, the other extras in the deluxe sets (Hawkeye pieces, triangular shield for Cap, web shooters for Spidey) still make them desirable over the standard sets that TRU will have.
                          If you plan to get the later deluxe sets for Thor, Loki, Iron Man and Red Skull, I'd pick up these current deluxe sets, MIB41, if for no other reason than to complete Hawkeye!

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
                            I'll admit, after the initial reviews on MWC's review site I was on the fence about these (even though my first action figures as a kid were Ideal Captain Action figures with Superman, Batman and Phantom costume sets). I finally decided to pick up the deluxe sets from BBTS. While the alter ego masks are disappointing, the other extras in the deluxe sets (Hawkeye pieces, triangular shield for Cap, web shooters for Spidey) still make them desirable over the standard sets that TRU will have.
                            If you plan to get the later deluxe sets for Thor, Loki, Iron Man and Red Skull, I'd pick up these current deluxe sets, MIB41, if for no other reason than to complete Hawkeye!
                            Hey Warlock664. Do you currently have one of the Playing Mantis Captain Actions? I ask because I was going to see if you could put the masks (secret identity and hero versions) on the head of a Playing Mantis CA to see how it reads. I'm just itching to know that! And I would be immensely grateful.

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                              Hey Warlock664. Do you currently have one of the Playing Mantis Captain Actions? I ask because I was going to see if you could put the masks (secret identity and hero versions) on the head of a Playing Mantis CA to see how it reads. I'm just itching to know that! And I would be immensely grateful.

I used to, but I sold them off a few years back. I do, however, have several vintage CAs; were the Playing Mantis figures the same size as the originals? I'll try them out!

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
                                I used to, but I sold them off a few years back. I do, however, have several vintage CAs; were the Playing Mantis figures the same size as the originals? I'll try them out!
                                That would be awesome. Thanks! I'm just trying to see if there is any way to salvage those identity masks.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎