Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

I'd prefer not to have to buy the Captain Action figure, and for some reason thought I had read early on that the basic sets were going to come with a figure included. I'm sure I read that incorrectly, but I was hoping that's the way they were going to be sold. For me he'll never be dressed up as CA, only as Spidey, so it makes it harder to plop down the $50 bucks to make a Spidey figure. I do think they've done a great job with these, but knowing I'll have to buy a basic CA every time I want a new suit is going to be a big factor in how many I end up getting.
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rche View Post
    I have to agree. Part of the magic is CA (or Dr Evil) under the mask. Not that he is a dead ringer for the character.

I made some 8" customs for CA to wear superhero outfits and the trick was to make a mask that would fit on the 8" head, but not look completely huge. CAW did the same with the Redbeard and Phantom figures they had made. If you were to say a head swap would do it for the character change, then pretty much all the Phantoms that CAW made could be considered Captain Action figures. Nah. He's gotta have a mask. It is essential to the character.
    Man, I was looking at the pics you posted through this thread, and to me one thing is for sure, in the side by sides, the old stuff just blows away the new outfits.
    The new Thor looks great though. Thanks for the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemo View Post
    Man, I was looking at the pics you posted through this thread, and to me one thing is for sure, in the side by sides, the old stuff just blows away the new outfits.
    The new Thor looks great though. Thanks for the pics.
    I will always be a vintage toy fan first; so no matter what improvements are made a vintage toy looks and feels better to me. I do like these new Cap Action items, tho. And they are a great way for me to bond with my son as he is a MAJOR fan of Dr Evil for some reason.

These are great sets. I have a few wishes for 'shoulda been done like this' or 'why isn't this working like this', but overall I am very happy with these toys.

My favorite modern additions - the BIG cap shield and strap system (both of them actually); and the Parker mask is pretty darn cool if on the right sized head. There is a lot of cool detail on these and attention to that detail as well. Hope the line is a smashing success, 'cos I wanna see 'em make a puffy Hulk suit.

I agree 100% about the masks.
    If they went with removable heads it would NOT be CA to me and I would not bother with it.
    They need to drop the price for the CA figure to $19.99.
    Captain Action is my favorite CHILDHOOD toy. If they were to modernize him too much I would have no interest in it.
    I want what I had as child.
    To me Ideal did CA the best, although the new uniform sets are better than the original versions.

Images
    Spotted this at Captain Action's face book page. Captain Action was the best selling collectible toy nationwide in his official first week at TRU.

Scoop - Where the Magic of Collecting Comes Alive! - Industry News
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I read the uniform sets are way outselling the CA figures tho'.
    I hope sales remain good enough so we finally get Action Boy back and uniform sets for him too.

Well, today I finally opened the Spiderman set to put on Captain Action and...I am really disappointed.
    The suit is way too tight, I don't like the velcro. And I noticed a small tear one of the legs so now I have to go back to TRU to see about an exchange.
    The mask looked too big on Cap's head and I could not get the gloves on, they would not snap on.

I tried to put the new CA uniform on one of my 1968 Ideal Captain Action figures and found they are not compatible.
    Could not get the hands through the sleeves,, One boot went on, the other did'nt, the belt is too big.
    It's disappointing.

The hat fit nicely and looks good.

I really prefer the Ideal Captain Action over the new one.
    Last edited by levyguy; Apr 24, '12 at 7:38 PM.

best way to put the new costumes on older figures is with the hands off.

I had some pics of the Spidey suit on a PM cap action figure and I thought it fit rather nicely. I mean - these are not supposed to be super accurate Hot Toys sorts of things. I felt that the suit on a vintage CA body looked pretty much like an updated Cappy set. Maybe it is just me tho. I really like these toys.

Thanks rche.

How do you safely remove the hands from an Ideal or PM CA figure?

there is a post buried in here about that.

They will pull right out of the forearms. You can use a bit of hot water or a concentrated hair dryer blast to soften up the forearm plastic to make it a bit easier.

Personally, I like vintage CA bodies for vintage CA costumes and the Playing Mantis bodies for the modern stuff, but that is just me. Plus, I don't really worry about breaking a wrist pin or a finger on the PM hands.