Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levyguy
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 4, 2009

I read the uniform sets are way outselling the CA figures tho'.
    I hope sales remain good enough so we finally get Action Boy back and uniform sets for him too.

Comment

• levyguy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 4, 2009

Well, today I finally opened the Spiderman set to put on Captain Action and...I am really disappointed.
      The suit is way too tight, I don't like the velcro. And I noticed a small tear one of the legs so now I have to go back to TRU to see about an exchange.
      The mask looked too big on Cap's head and I could not get the gloves on, they would not snap on.

I tried to put the new CA uniform on one of my 1968 Ideal Captain Action figures and found they are not compatible.
      Could not get the hands through the sleeves,, One boot went on, the other did'nt, the belt is too big.
      It's disappointing.

The hat fit nicely and looks good.

I really prefer the Ideal Captain Action over the new one.
      Last edited by levyguy; Apr 24, '12, 7:38 PM.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

best way to put the new costumes on older figures is with the hands off.

I had some pics of the Spidey suit on a PM cap action figure and I thought it fit rather nicely. I mean - these are not supposed to be super accurate Hot Toys sorts of things. I felt that the suit on a vintage CA body looked pretty much like an updated Cappy set. Maybe it is just me tho. I really like these toys.

Comment

• levyguy
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 4, 2009

Thanks rche.

How do you safely remove the hands from an Ideal or PM CA figure?

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

there is a post buried in here about that.

They will pull right out of the forearms. You can use a bit of hot water or a concentrated hair dryer blast to soften up the forearm plastic to make it a bit easier.

Personally, I like vintage CA bodies for vintage CA costumes and the Playing Mantis bodies for the modern stuff, but that is just me. Plus, I don't really worry about breaking a wrist pin or a finger on the PM hands.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

hi been liveing with these guys since monday ,thanks Rche ,superfast overseas service and a price i could live with ,there starting to grow on me ,cant wait for thor and loki ,but caps wings are driveing me nuts ,just straight up ,really ,any ideas on a mod ,or shall i just cut them off and stick them sideways ,not sure that will look right ,but straight up

Comment

• levyguy
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 4, 2009

Originally posted by rche

there is a post buried in here about that.

They will pull right out of the forearms. You can use a bit of hot water or a concentrated hair dryer blast to soften up the forearm plastic to make it a bit easier.

Personally, I like vintage CA bodies for vintage CA costumes and the Playing Mantis bodies for the modern stuff, but that is just me. Plus, I don't really worry about breaking a wrist pin or a finger on the PM hands.
                Thanks rche!

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

I tried to put the Captain America uniform on Captain Action and am frustrated and disappointed with the results.

The suit is too tight, the belt is too short-won't stay closed, I was able to get one glove to snap on, can't get the other one to snap on, the mask does not fit right, can't get it to go down far enough, looks like he has a double chin, the velcro won't stay closed.

I have not even bothered to try anything with the shield.
                  Its a big disappointment and a shame.

The Captain America uniform LOOKS nice, as does the mask-but it does not fit Captain Action.
                  To me the Ideal and Playing Mantis CA figures were better.
                  I probably won't bother getting the Thor set as the mask probably won't fit right.

Comment

• levyguy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 4, 2009

I took off the mask and tried again-not easy but got it on right this time!
                    Finally got the other glove on.
                    Belt is too tight-can only get it on the first notch.
                    But I have to say this
                    He does look good!

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Cotswold Collectibles is posting on Facebook that Round 2 is coming out with a Rocketeer set.

EDIT: A story link is here, but Cotswold took their original story down for some reason.
                      Last edited by torgospizza; May 1, '12, 8:33 AM.

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by torgospizza
                        Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Cotswold Collectibles is posting on Facebook that Round 2 is coming out with a Rocketeer set.

EDIT: A story link is here, but Cotswold took their original story down for some reason.
                        EDIT (Part Two): I sent Cotswold a message on FB about it, and they said they had to take it down, since it hadn't been cleared for a press release yet.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

Amok Time has them for preorder. Looks sharp.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

man, that is fantastic! Cool that they are venturing out from the Marvel license as well.

Comment

• torgospizza
                              Theocrat of Pan Tang
                              • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by rche
                              man, that is fantastic! Cool that they are venturing out from the Marvel license as well.
                              If I only buy one set, this would be it. Great character. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they do.

Comment

• raider5gt
                                Museum Tree Cutter
                                • Nov 25, 2007

That Rocketeer set look's awesome,thanks for the heads up T.Pizza and thanks for posting the pic madmarva,this is a definite purchase for me.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎