X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    They should never, ever have released that movie under the title Godzilla.
    It's an aberrant mess and an insult to the Big G's name.
    In my opinion, of course.
    I agree - thre was a japanes language godzilla released around the same time that filled may matinee monster need much better.

the american version was a sad excuse to use CGI and capitalize on jurassic park fanbase.

there was nothing good about it. not even camp value

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I thought Fraudzilla was an okay giant monster movie, but it wasn't Godzilla. Which is weird, 'cos you'd think a Godzilla movie would be pretty easy to do. The problems:

-they tried WAY to hard to pretend there was a plot. (So.... he/she/it's a mutant iguana, that's transgendered, and gives birth to a clutch of raptors? Not only is that needlessly complicated.... you could have just said it was a female.... but it leaves WAY too many loose ends and potential sequel bait.)
      -Godzilla doesn't dodge. (They had him/her/it dodge 'cos it was easier to do with CGI.)

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I enjoy the fact they borrowed the ending from Kong '76 with him laying on the ground as his ticker beats out.

Comment

• RickD
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 31, 2011

it always made me upset that they left this movie open for a sequel with the egg at the end and nothing was ever done about it. I personally like the movie!

Godzilla 1998 and Independence Day deserve sequels!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

1998 TOHO GO LTD GODZILLA | eBay

1998 Godzilla Cup Holder-Toho-Taco Bell Premium-New York Godzilla | eBay

BRAND NEW 1998 TACO BELL GODZILLA CAR WINDOW CUP HOLDER FACTORY SEALED PACKAGE | eBay

Hershey's Godzilla milk chocolate bar wrapper,1998,Jungle Sighting #1,Toho | eBay
            Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 20, '12, 11:56 AM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by 80stoyman
              Godzilla 1998 and Independence Day deserve sequels!
              My lawyers are preventing that from ever happening...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 3, 2007

I consider it another example of Hollywood trying to cash in on something they don't really understand. Godzilla was a T-Rex re-animated by an atomic explosion! Not a mutated sand lizard!
                The other thing that pee's me off is the embargo that went on during this! There was an excellent REAL Godzilla flick being marketed in Japan that could have been released in the US via DVD. But Sony US did'nt want to muddy the water (So to speak). SO they held the release until after the US version had its run.
                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>I consider it another example of Hollywood trying to cash in on something they don't really understand.

Well; yeah. That, and all they want is the name so's they can slap some old script they got lying around onto it. Although sopmetimes it's kinda easy to feel it's done to be intentionally hurtful:

A Small Request to the Makers of the American Lone Wolf and Cub Movie - Topless Robot

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎