X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1967
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 28, 2008

FF Aquaman & E2 Robin

Here are my FF Aquaman & E2 Robin. I need to redo the mask on the Robin and redo Aquaman's hair. The boxes are done by the Toyroom.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...quamanMego.jpg
    http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...8/E2RobinM.jpg
    http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...ustomMegos.jpg
    Last edited by Jeff1967; Mar 15, '12, 9:44 PM. Reason: Trying to get photos to print
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

COOL! Aquaman is tough Jim Aparo style! He is tired of the fish jokes so look out Super Villians! Nice job on costume too.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

Great job. Too bad Mego didn't create a FF Aquaman to get rid of all the extra parts they evidently had left. It would have resulted in another bad guy, most likely someone like Manta, also with FF action. Counting the UK releases he was the only Super Friend that was missed other than Wonder Woman. I still think a FF Flash would be cool. The action could not only be for fighting, but for running. Change the color to yellow and Professor Zoom and he could have fought and raced.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Jeff1967
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 28, 2008

Thanks, I used the costume from the Retro Aquaman. I had to modify it a little but it fits and works really well. I am thinking of what to do next. Maybe a FF Thor.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I absolutely LOVE those customs. Very nicely done. I had hoped Mattel would keep the classic Mego Aquaman head for the Retro figure. This is exactly the way he should look. Great job.
          Last edited by MIB41; Mar 20, '12, 5:11 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I think those are terrific, incl. the boxes.

Did you have to alter Aquaman's belt much? I think the Palitoy FF Capt. America only had a half-belt, in the front.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jeff1967
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 28, 2008

Thank you for your kind appreciation. I thought a fist fighter would be cool for Aquaman.

I unstitched the back about half way down through the belt. It loosened it up enough to make the way the belt was placed look good. I had to restitch it to make sure it didn't unravel. I also had to unstitch the sleeves to remove the sewn in gloves. I restitched the sleeves and it looks really good with the Mego gloves. It didn't need to have the stitching around the wrists like on the original. I had to mix color to redo his hair. It is a little more yellow now, but looks like the Aquaman on the box. I just have to clear coat the head. I will post more pics in the completed customs once I am done with him.

Comment

• Jeff1967
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 28, 2008

I am on a fist fighter craze. I just finished a fist fighter Shazam. I used the head and costume from the Retro Action and just need to paint the face a flesh color to go with the hands. I am also working on the fist fighter Black Adam as well. I will be getting boxes for these soon too. Pics to follow.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎