Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

What happened during the credits? I stayed till the end and got nothing. And don't get me wrong, the movie was fun and enjoyable but it's what I call a "Surface Movie" which is when a movie,on the surface, is good entertainment but once you delve deeper then what's in front of you, all the flaws become glaring. There are a lot of good movies out there like this but it's what separates a good movie from a great one. I liked Cabin for what it was, but it didn't change my life or anything.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

The movie was by no means life-changing. That being said, no film has ever changed my life.

I thought there was some nice commentary on what's popular and how it affects screen writers and how they are often trapped between the desires of the producers and whims of the fans. The suits want horror movies because they're generally cheap and post a good return on investment to satiate their hunger, and the teens pick the flavor of the monster by buying tickets. Zombies are in now, but Pinhead and werewolves were once the horror of choice. The screen writers just plug in the ingredients the best they can to please both crowds and then are generally eaten alive creatively by the process that ultimately turns on them.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
        70's Era Pimp
        • Sep 7, 2011

Just saw it. I loved it. I could pick it apart like others have, but in all honesty it was simply enjoyable for what it was.

Comment

• YoungOnce
          Career Member
          • Aug 29, 2007

Spoilery...

I liked it... my wife hated it. A plot-hole that bothered me...

The suits acted like the kids had choices to make that could have saved themselves. Like when they met the creepy old gas-station guy at the beginning. They said something to the effect of... "this was a warning to them that they didn't heed... they could have turned around right there."

Yet, unless I'm wrong, the whole premise of the movie was that these kids had to die in a sacrifice to appease the underground gods or certain destruction would come at midnight (or whatever the hour was)

So... if the world depends upon it, why do they wait until the last day of the "contract" to see that this scenario plays out? What if the kids turned around and never went in? Is there a back-up plan?

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Yes, this ritual was being performed by branches of the organization all around the world remember? That is why they were so ****ed off that the Japanese school girls vanquished their particular cultural monster. It was assumed that at least one of the rituals worldwide would succeed.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎