Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Thread: Warlord/Princess of Mars illustators

Warlord/Princess of Mars illustators

Who are your favourites? I tend to lean more old school cover illustrators like Frazetta, but I have to admit there has been a floodgate of great stuff because of the hundreds of variant covers that Dynamite comics pumps out.

EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS~ PRINCESS OF MARS ~ JOHN CARTER ~ FRAZETTA ART ~ EX.COND | eBay
    Authentic Frank Frazetta Print "A PRINCESS OF MARS" | eBay

Authentic Frank Frazetta Print "A PRINCESS OF MARS" | eBay
    DEJAH THORIS~PRINCESS OF MARS~SIGNED ART PRINT~J SCOTT CAMPBELL~ | eBay
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

There have been the less than ideal, although I have a great fondness for how ridiculous this one is...
    JOHN CARTER OF MARS #2 (FOUR COLOR #437, Dell, 1952) HIGH GRADE ! | eBay
    Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 14, '12 at 9:00 PM.

Images
    Frazetta rules. Anything painted by FF is a masterpiece.

Additionally, I've always liked the covers to the Del Rey paperbacks, painted by Michael Whelan.
    And the Marvel series was great, the early issues of which were illustrated by Gil Kane and Dave Cockrum.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.

Corben feels like the perfect John Carter artist given how much the Mars book influenced Den.
    A PRINCESS OF MARS~EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS~JOHN CARTER~AUDIO TAPES~NEW~RICH CORBEN | eBay

Looks like they used the 70's Marvel comic art for the novels too.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

If you like the artwork you should get the trading card sets. I have the Joe Jusko ones and they are superb.