X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Museum Podcast: Mark Huckabone Interview Part 2

In part 2 of our interview, we chat with Mark about his new endevour “Heroes in Action” which is known for it’s kooky line of “Presidential Monsters. Mark lets slip a new figure and some plans for the future during the course of the discussion.* Thanks for listening and see you in a couple of weeks!   Show Recap: The series one card artwork was done by the very talented Jason Edminston. Mark mentioned that he’s recruited the legendary Ken Kelly*for series 3, whose toy packaging work included the Micronaut Aliens*and the Manglors. Not to mention album covers for this little known band. Heroes in Action is setting up next at the 80s Toy Expo.

More...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Great conclusion to the interview, guys. It's so cool to hear how much passion Mark has with his own endevour in toy making. He could definitely teach the big boys a thing or two. I'm very excited to see what Ken Kelly comes up with for the packaging artwork. That's epic. Big thanks to Mark for taking the time for the interview, and would love to hear more from him in the future!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Vintage 1970's Jimmy Carter Presidential Smiling Ceramic Peanut Bank 11" Tall | eBay

Jimmy Carter 4.5" Peanut windup wind up walker | eBay
      Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 15, '12, 4:15 AM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Great listen as always. Id just out of interest send the figures out to the people who are still alive, or even family members to the deceased ones, and see if I would get some feedback. Wouldnt it be cool to get a letter back from Obama thanking U . Just some free advertising, and get the political crowd interested in these.

Just out of interest, Im also wondering, one figure must cost more than another, and what decisions U have to make to cut back, and find a middle ground.
        Last edited by alex; Mar 15, '12, 6:33 AM.

Comment

• turnbolt
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 26, 2008

I like that Mark is willing to take the time to make the figures right.

Can't wait for a regular Lincoln and a Jr version of Lincolnstein.
          I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Did he mention something about a line of alien figures? I'd love some new Tomland Star Raiders retro figures.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Just listened to the first part at the gym. Love hearing the stories of how Mark searched this stuff out in his teens. I can't even begin to imagine having that kind of foresight!
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

One other thing- Mark is one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to meet in our little world. He's a bit hyper, indefatigable, brimming with passion and super friendly to almost anyone that comes up to his booth at one of the many shows he's done. I've only met him a few times, but each time is a great little story. From the first time I met him (Atlantic City) when I had to stand there for 10 minutes with the newly-discovered GAH Pam he had handed while he disappeared onto the show floor to most recently in NY where I found myself holding his Lincoln and Lincolnstein heads wondering where Mark had gone, he's a reminder of the pure fun of hunting, finding and having Megos.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

I hope he brings some Presidential Monsters trading cards to the show in a few weeks!
                  2011 SDCC PRESIDENTAL MONSTERS PROMO CARD SET OBAMA | eBay

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

I look forward to the next podcast.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      I hope he brings some Presidential Monsters trading cards to the show in a few weeks!
                      2011 SDCC PRESIDENTAL MONSTERS PROMO CARD SET OBAMA | eBay

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2011-SDCC-PRE...v74sg~~_12.JPG
                      I don't even have a complete set of those and they were my first design gig out of college.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

Another great podcast. I enjoyed hearing his enthusiasm about JLU. Thanks, guys.

Comment

• DrMindbender
                          • Dec 10, 2009

Alien Line?

Another great episode, I look forward to meeting Mark at a show one of these days, his amazing stories, energy, enthusiasm, and genuine love for the hobby are completely infectious, even through my tinny laptop speakers. I only wish I had some skill he could use, it's definitely a day job that I would love going to.

He did mention some of his future plans involving Aliens but then got side tracked, think you could elaborate?

It would be awesome to get a few of the artists mentioned, especially Ken Kelly interviewed for future shows.

Love the show, can't wait for the next edition.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎