X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domino
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 16, 2007

Anyone download from GOG.com?

I was just looking for older computer games on the internet and ended up going to gog.com. They have some of the old computer games that I just loved, Ultima, Syndicate, Police Quest, Kings Quest etc. Has anyone downloaded anything from them? Do the games play ok or are there issues?
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I have dealt business with them quite a few times. Everything went smooth

Pretty much their installer is really a frontend for dosbox. So it installs it for you and should you want to move the full installed game you can go to your c drive/program files find the GOG folder and take the game from there and throw it wherever you want (like in actual dosbox with a slew of other games)

most of all games from them work fine. Vampire the redemption had some minor issues that they were able to fix (I think). And if you want be sure about a games compatibility, check their forums-
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• domino
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 16, 2007

Thanks for the info, I will have to give them a try. I have been getting games from Steam but it has been a pain with the drm, plus they don't have all the vintage games GOG has.

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by domino
        Thanks for the info, I will have to give them a try. I have been getting games from Steam but it has been a pain with the drm, plus they don't have all the vintage games GOG has.
        yeah no DRM or any protection crap to deal with from GOG. Of course though because of that, I have seen people upping some of their releases as well
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎