Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mego Meet Customs Auction

Images
    Blog Entries

Mego Meet Customs Auction

It's time to open the floor for submissions. I've already spoken with a few who have committed some really nice pieces. I will do my best to keep up and offer some fun Brick Mantooth/Super Collector items. We are still planning the schedule for Saturday; I'll post once we've set the exact auction time. As always, meet attendees will be able to bid in-person. Christopher Noon has graciously agreed to be our auctioneer again this year, which allows for some great promotion and online bidding as well.

Please post pics of your items here, and contact me if you have any questions. I'll touch base with everyone who makes a donation to arrange for getting the customs to Mego Meet and then on to their new owners.

Proceeds will go toward bandwidth and other costs associated with operating the Mego Museum.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Great news. The addition of a professional auctioneer really added to the experience, and the entertainment value as well. One of my favourite moments was how he completely won over the reluctant wife of a MM member bidding.. to the point where She started placing bids as well!

Megospidey's submission: The Monster Cereal Guys

These are just the prototypes. There will be some changes to the final product, but this will give you a very good idea. Each will come with a miniature cereal box with a surprise inside!

Looking forward to seeing these up close, Derek. I am making a figure that has never been attempted in Mego scale before, and it's a very, very popular character. I may soon find out why it's never been done, but I'm going for it...
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post
    Looking forward to seeing these up close, Derek. I am making a figure that has never been attempted in Mego scale before, and it's a very, very popular character. I may soon find out why it's never been done, but I'm going for it...
    It must be Gomer Pyle . . . .
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

May-Retta Georgia. Just a little NorthWest of Hazzard County
    Images
    Just love those cereal figures. Are you going to be marketing those as well?
    Too many toys. Not enough space!

I dig Count Chocula and Boo Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotfoot View Post
    Just love those cereal figures. Are you going to be marketing those as well?
    I am making around 7 sets of these. 1 for the auction, 1 for my card maker and the other 5 sets to take with me to Mego Meet.

I will probably sell 2 or 3 sets together and break the others up and sell them individiually.

Any sets or figures that don't sell at the meet I will offer here first before I go to ebay.

what's in the box? what's in the boxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Quote Originally Posted by MegoMark71 View Post
    what's in the box? what's in the boxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    I love that movie!