Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

The word today is that Denver has a really good shot at him.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Brad
      Batman Fanatic
      • Aug 20, 2010

Originally posted by spacecaps
      But can Peyton run the option?
      "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• RickD
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 31, 2011

Originally posted by spacecaps
        this doesn't surprise me. John Elway wants to wash his hands from Tebow. Tebow is a fan favorite but not a good QB. Elways wants a Super Bowl ring, not a pretty boy that poses.

I might even attend some games again if they get rid of Tebow and bring Manning to the Bronco nation.

This is the only situation where Fans would be happy with Elways decision to part with Tebow
        Last edited by RickD; Mar 9, '12, 3:59 PM.

Comment

• Toy Talk
          Old and out of touch
          • Aug 7, 2009

If Elway is trying to replace Tebow then Manning may be his only option. Despite Tebow not being a good QB, he sells tickets and the fans love him. Replacing a bread winner can only be done with another bread winner. Bringing in Manning is defensible under the guise of winning now while providing a mentor to the young QB. I like that angle.

Okay, so I am Jets fan and anywhere but Miami is a good fit for Manning as far as I am concerned.
          "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

It's actually a pretty good move on Denver's part if they can land him. Tebow is so much a fan favorite that it'll be a tough sell to the fans when they get rid of him unless they bring in a QB of Mannings caliber to replace him.
            "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

What the heck are the Colts doing? They just dropped Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark and plan on dumping Dwight Freeny. Maybe whoever signs Payton can get a package deal with everyone else the Colts have dropped.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

I don't think Manning would do that to Tebow...I know it's a business but I think he'd feel about it
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  What the heck are the Colts doing? They just dropped Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark and plan on dumping Dwight Freeny. Maybe whoever signs Payton can get a package deal with everyone else the Colts have dropped.
                  yea these people are dumping everyone

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I think the Redskins are out of the running. They just made a huge trade with the Rams for their first round pick. Jets too I think. They just signed Sanchez to a longer deal.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

Colts need some cap room. I just want to see Peyton go somewhere he will be appreciated. Again of course as long as it's also in the NFC.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Lots of interesting possibilities here.

IF he goes Broncos, Tebow would be behind a first ballot HOF player and learn things he couldn't have with the coaching staff and then come back with a vengeance. With that defense, they would be automatic contenders for the AFC.

If he goes Miami, he'd be in warm weather most of the season and would likely bring Wayne with him to tandem with Marshall. That is scary stuff.

If he goes Arizona, he'd get Fitz to throw to. I don't know enough about the rest of the team to comment except Kolb would be so ticked off to be the highest paid backup in history.

All of this is contingent on his health. He'd have to sign a contract with lots of incentives to protect against possible re-injury. This is a high risk/reward scenario for whatever team he chooses. Wherever he goes, I'm an instant fan.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brad
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Aug 20, 2010

Just saw the details on the Redskins trade. WOW, a pretty steep price to trade up 4 picks.
                          "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            Jets too I think. They just signed Sanchez to a longer deal.
                            sucks for Jets fans

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Brad
                              Just saw the details on the Redskins trade. WOW, a pretty steep price to trade up 4 picks.
                              yea I wanted RG3 as much as the next guy, but dam he just gave way too much for him...hopefully he can be an elite QB but if he's a bust the skins will be doomed for the next 3 years

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
                                Lots of interesting possibilities here.

IF he goes Broncos, Tebow would be behind a first ballot HOF player and learn things he couldn't have with the coaching staff and then come back with a vengeance. With that defense, they would be automatic contenders for the AFC.

If he goes Miami, he'd be in warm weather most of the season and would likely bring Wayne with him to tandem with Marshall. That is scary stuff.

If he goes Arizona, he'd get Fitz to throw to. I don't know enough about the rest of the team to comment except Kolb would be so ticked off to be the highest paid backup in history.

All of this is contingent on his health. He'd have to sign a contract with lots of incentives to protect against possible re-injury. This is a high risk/reward scenario for whatever team he chooses. Wherever he goes, I'm an instant fan.
                                with my luck it'll be Denver, but I'm still hoping he comes and brings Wayne with him

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎