Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPittVol
    Volunteer Collector
    • Feb 23, 2011

There has never been a QB in the NFL that had as much responsibility for his team as Peyton. Peyton has basically been the QB and Offensive Coordinator for the Colts since about his 3rd year in the league. Brady is a great QB, but there is no way he has the success he's had without Bellichek. I think Peyton is the predominant reason for thr success the Colts have experienced. For that reason, I place Manning ahead of Brady. That's my opinion.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

I heard on the radio yesterday that they are now saying that Arizona would be the perfect fit for him because of Fitzgerald, but I sure do hope he goes to Miami.

Oh, I am also sure that Dan Snyder wants to write a big check, too.
      It's all good!

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

I have been a big fan of Peyton Manning even though he played for the Colts (a team I don't have particular feelings for one way or the other). We'll be happy to take him here in Washington and I'm sure Snyder is willing to pay him his asking price, but the current rumors a float are that the Redskins will end up trading up to take RGIII in the draft and Manning will end up in Miami.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Brad
          D, I am pretty sure that since the Colts basically released him (by not wanting to pay that huge bonus) that Manning is able to sign with any team now. It's players with expiring contracts that have to wait until the FA period begins. Otherwise all the teams making comments about being interested in signing him would be violating the tampering rules. So the race is officially on as of his release today!
          no I know bro...but they said he wanted to take his time to decide.. I'm just hoping he at least does it by the 13th
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
            There's always been something about Payton with me. Not that he did anything wrong and he's not on the level of "can't stand him" like Brett Favre was, and he certainly was one of the best but in his prime I always thought Brady was the better modern day quarterback of the two. I also couldn't stand the constant shadow he cast over his brother. Now the argument is that Eli won two Super Bowls but Payton won 4 Mvp's. If I were a player, I'd take the championships over the awards every time. Plus all those commercials he did were always right in your face and in the end he just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I'm happy with Eli on my team and I'd love for Payton to go to the Jets and have them in the same city. Especially since the Jets are like watching a train wreck which is probably the exact reason he won't sign with them. I do hope he plays more though so I don't have to see him in the booth which is where I think he's headed.
            his commercials were hilarious

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

12 teams have asked about him, and he says he prefers to stay in the AFC

Comment

• Brad
                Batman Fanatic
                • Aug 20, 2010

After watching the NFL coverage early this morning (insomnia again) it appears that Miami is the team most are guessing that Manning will end up with. But as an NFL fan I will say that I think the Jets would be a great fit as far as a team close to being championship caliber. Just think, the 2014 Superbowl, held in The New Meadowlands Stadium, Manning against Manning, two new York teams battling it out. The ratings would be epic!

D, he'll end up as a Dolphin so you will get your wish! Now you'll need to get a new Dolphins jersey.
                "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Heck,Dwayne Wade says he should be a Dolphin.

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

But as an NFL fan I will say that I think the Jets would be a great fit as far as a team close to being championship caliber. Just think, the 2014 Superbowl, held in The New Meadowlands Stadium, Manning against Manning, two new York teams battling it out. The ratings would be epic!

I'm really hoping for that. I'm also thinking Bon Jovi for the half-time show.....
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

After watching the NFL coverage early this morning (insomnia again) it appears that Miami is the team most are guessing that Manning will end up with. But as an NFL fan I will say that I think the Jets would be a great fit as far as a team close to being championship caliber. Just think, the 2014 Superbowl, held in The New Meadowlands Stadium, Manning against Manning, two new York teams battling it out. The ratings would be epic!

D, he'll end up as a Dolphin so you will get your wish! Now you'll need to get a new Dolphins jersey.
                      I'd buy it in a heartbeat, just 4 hours after yesterday's announcement he was already in Miami...here's to wishful thinking

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        Heck,Dwayne Wade says he should be a Dolphin.
                        That's right D-wade keep recruiting baby!!

Comment

• Brad
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Aug 20, 2010

I just heard on the Score (sports radio out of Chicago) that Manning is going to decide in the next week where he will go. Next week should be an interesting week for NFL fans especially with free agency starting on the 13th.
                          "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• MegoMark71
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 18, 2008

First i want everyone to understand i am a Bengals and Patriot fan, so I have never been a Peyton fan. What the Colts did to him is a disturbing reminder that it is still all about the all mighty $$$$$$. You have one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, yeah i can say that. As a fan of the game, it's better with certain players in it, and Peyton Manning is one of those players. Irsay can say all he wants that it wasn't about the money, but he would fail a lie detector test every time. I do hope he goes to the NFC though I respect the hell out of a guy who would bleed his teams colors. It broke my heart listening to him. I hope he goes to a team that can use his knowledge of the game and his skill. I think the Colts are Morons. He could easily transition into a head coach. He could have been a Colt for life. Now i hope he gets a chance to make Irsay cry like a little girl sometime in the future. To let a player who was as dedicated as he was just sucks. I may not be a Peyton fan but i respect the hell out of him. The man is a professional in every sense of the word.

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                              I'd buy it in a heartbeat, just 4 hours after yesterday's announcement he was already in Miami...here's to wishful thinking
                              This time around though, shell out for an authentic jersey and not a knock off
                              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Adam West
                                This time around though, shell out for an authentic jersey and not a knock off
                                umm..yea

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎