Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad
    Batman Fanatic
    • Aug 20, 2010

I have a feeling he may land with the Redskins. They have a good team and are held back by the lack of a consistent QB. And Snyder is not shy about tossing huge money at players. Skins fans have now seen why we referred to Rex Grossman as good Rex/bad Rex when he was with the Bears.
    "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

I would put my money on the Redskins or Houston. I think they would both go after him. I don't think Houston is close enough for him to chance but the skins need to win now and Shanahan's job has to be close to done if they don't. If they could land Manning and Wayne they could be a playoff threat. I could see them breaking the bank for the two of them. I don't think Miami or NYJ are considerations though some "experts" have said they are possibilities.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Houston was a Super Bowl contender until Schaub went down. If they were interested, they would be ideal. I can't imagine why they would part with Schaub, though.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
          Man, Damien...if you guys take Manning...and even if he's only 75%...your Dolphins are going to be one scary team...you already have a solid D...and solid running game.
          I hope so bro, we haven't anything to cheer about football wise here in a while

I remember waking up on my birthday to find out Marino retired this year my birthday lands on the first day of free agency, what a gift that would be
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yea Houston seems highly unlikely to me...that's already a good team.. and it's widely known that Archie rather have Peyton on the AFC then the NFC with Eli

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

It's easy to forget some small details in the midst of what transpired today, but there is one major hurdle to overcome here. Before any team will sign him, he'll have to pass one MAJOR physical exam. He might not pass one therefore he might play agian. Just thought I'd throw this out there since it's a very real scenario. I hope this doesn't happen and he can play a couple more seasons, but time and reality is constantly gaining ground on us all.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Wise4671
                Banned
                • Aug 11, 2007

If Peyton does play next season (And I really think He will just to prove that He can) I really think Miami will be his best fit.

Comment

• Steeler80
                  Mayor of Strunk
                  • Jun 29, 2001

Originally posted by Goblin19
                  I could see the Redskins breaking the bank.
                  No offense to Manning (I'm not a huge fan, but I do respect his ability) but he is exactly the type of player that Washington likes to take chances on. Big name players that are just past their prime.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

Miami will be his next stop. It's the perfect fit for him.

Wish the Packers had cut Farve three years before they let him "retire"

Comment

• SPittVol
                      Volunteer Collector
                      • Feb 23, 2011

Originally posted by Steeler80
                      No offense to Manning (I'm not a huge fan, but I do respect his ability) but he is exactly the type of player that Washington likes to take chances on. Big name players that are just past their prime.
                      If he is healthy, Peyton still has some good years left. Any team needing a QB should jump at the chance to sign him.

Comment

• Brad
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Aug 20, 2010

Originally posted by toys2cool
                        I hope so bro, we haven't anything to cheer about football wise here in a while

I remember waking up on my birthday to find out Marino retired this year my birthday lands on the first day of free agency, what a gift that would be
                        D, I am pretty sure that since the Colts basically released him (by not wanting to pay that huge bonus) that Manning is able to sign with any team now. It's players with expiring contracts that have to wait until the FA period begins. Otherwise all the teams making comments about being interested in signing him would be violating the tampering rules. So the race is officially on as of his release today!
                        "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by SPittVol
                          If he is healthy, Peyton still has some good years left. Any team needing a QB should jump at the chance to sign him.
                          I agree, there's a big difference between being past his prime and being injured...the season before he threw for 33 TD passes, that's pretty freakin good

Comment

• SPittVol
                            Volunteer Collector
                            • Feb 23, 2011

Originally posted by toys2cool
                            I agree, there's a big difference between being past his prime and being injured...the season before he threw for 33 TD passes, that's pretty freakin good
                            Absolutely! A healthy Peyton Manning is a top 5 NFL QB, even at 35 yrs old.

Comment

• spacecaps
                              Second Mouse
                              • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                              ...and is beloved by everyone...
                              There's always been something about Payton with me. Not that he did anything wrong and he's not on the level of "can't stand him" like Brett Favre was, and he certainly was one of the best but in his prime I always thought Brady was the better modern day quarterback of the two. I also couldn't stand the constant shadow he cast over his brother. Now the argument is that Eli won two Super Bowls but Payton won 4 Mvp's. If I were a player, I'd take the championships over the awards every time. Plus all those commercials he did were always right in your face and in the end he just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I'm happy with Eli on my team and I'd love for Payton to go to the Jets and have them in the same city. Especially since the Jets are like watching a train wreck which is probably the exact reason he won't sign with them. I do hope he plays more though so I don't have to see him in the booth which is where I think he's headed.
                              "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by spacecaps
                                I always thought Brady was the better modern day quarterback of the two.
                                I just disagree with this Statement.
                                At 1st ...., Yes, when the Showdowns Started.
                                But the Last Few Years ? .... I think Payton Has Pretty Much Reigned Victorious Over Brady's Mistakes in thier Matches.

For me ...
                                I like watching aspects of Payton.... But find his consistant Audibles he calls at the Line so Damn Boring ...., That I feel like I am Watching Baseball. I am not gonna lie here ..., I like the Excitement of the Gunslinger Quaterback. Thats why I was a Favre Fan, Thats why I like watching QB's like Breese , Romo , Rivers And Even Eli . Sure ...., it's inconsistant ...., But it makes for an Exciting Entertaining Game ot say the Least.

I just don't care much for Perfection .... or Like when Dilfer won the Superbowl .... , Just don't make Mistakes ...., let the Defense Win. Bah ! Give me something to watch.

But I will Write this ..., Just one more time.
                                Payton has Proven 1 Thing above all Else.
                                There IS ...., an I in Team Folks.
                                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎