Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Thanks, Global - yeah, I remembered reading somewhere about being extra careful with removing the head. As for the hands, already have that on my list of things to do with this project. I'll have to see how bad a break there is with the knee pin - might be able to salvage/replace it somehow.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Lucked out! Turns out the leg pin was intact, just came undone. Managed to fix it without replacing anything! Still my deepest thanks to all y'all for the advice and hints!
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Did anyone ever find a suitable 1/9 scale wolf to use as Devil?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here, but Devil was at one point meant to come with the Phantom. For whatever reason, it never worked out. But that's why he's displayed so prominently on the package.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• GlobalObserver
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 12, 2004

Chris, were you already a fan of The Phantom before you became involved with this project?

Did you keep any of the preliminary sketches or original artwork from this project?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I was a fan from afar. I had a few comics, and really liked the film. I boned up on a lot of Phantom stuff during and afterwards.

I still have all of the original Phantom and Captain Action artwork. I've toyed with selling it, but I hate to part with it.

It was a real honor to contribute a small bit to the legacy of such a long-lasting character. Especially on such a fantastic product! Dave and Jason made some incredible figures.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                  Did anyone ever find a suitable 1/9 scale wolf to use as Devil?
                  For my Game of Thrones customs, I used a wolf figurine from Safari LTD's Vanishing Wild collection. That collection is discontinued, so they are a little bit of a hunt... but they are just about 1:9 scale.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 12, 2004

I ordered both Safari and Papo wolves last night. Hopefully they'll look ok.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I was a fan from afar. I had a few comics, and really liked the film. I boned up on a lot of Phantom stuff during and afterwards.

I still have all of the original Phantom and Captain Action artwork. I've toyed with selling it, but I hate to part with it.

It was a real honor to contribute a small bit to the legacy of such a long-lasting character. Especially on such a fantastic product! Dave and Jason made some incredible figures.

Chris
                      I'm totally bummed that your Buster Crabbe packaging art is getting shelved for now. He would have made a great addition to the set.

Trying to light a fire under my butt so that some more of your work gets to see the light of day sooner. I'm sitting on two pages of your comics that are pretty awesome. Should be in gear once I move into my new studio setup in a couple of weeks.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I was really, really happy with the Buster piece. Maybe someday...

Not trying to brag here, but I think Cast-A-Way has had some of the best Re-Mego packaging. I'm not just talking about my stuff either. Timb did some astounding stuff. I think a lot of it stems from David and Jason's desire to have the packaging equal the product. Almost every other company issuing Mego-like figures has seemed to think of the packaging at the last minute. I'm sure the artists working on these big lines could out-draw/ink/color/Photoshop me any day of the week, but the "WOW" factor isn't there. The passion for the project doesn't show through.

I'm not sure if I ever posted this or not, but here was the final color version of the Buster-as-Flash card. I hope Dave and Jason don't mind.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                          I ordered both Safari and Papo wolves last night. Hopefully they'll look ok.

Hope they work for you. But I think those are more like 1:6 scale. That current Safari wolf is definitely smaller than the old Vanishing Wild version.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                            This would have been beyond awesome.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I hope we get to see Castaway team up with Chris again in the near future. It would be nothing short of criminal if they didn't. Chris has a pleasing style that compliments the characters Castaway makes. My fingers and toes are crossed for more.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

Aww man, that's GREAT card art. I agree that Cast-a-Way always had super awesome cards.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎