X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mefiboschet
    Career Member
    • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    so this is the response I got....we will have to check the blog on 12-21. maybe if they get bombarded with emails about it, it will make them do something with the license

Thank you for your interest in Diamond Select Toys. I have submitted your email to our blog, Ask DST. The next time miscellaneous questions will be answered is on Friday, December 21st. The link to our blog is below.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/category/ask-dst/
    So was there any new info given on Dec. 21?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i got busy with the holidays and forgot to go on. I do not see any posts for December 21 on the blog so I don't know what the deal is

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

From the "Ask DST" page on the Art Asylum website:

"Kevin
        I understand that Diamond Select purchased the Zica toys line of Buck Rogers, including the body design. Just wondering if there will be any continuation of the line that Zica started.

DST CHUCK: Kevin that’s not exactly true but close enough I suppose. Right now we have no concrete plans for a more realistic 8” cloth line but we have given it some thought."

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2013/0...190/#more-8249

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

well there you go. thanks for posting that, i had not gone in again to see if they answered me at a later session.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
            From the "Ask DST" page on the Art Asylum website:

"Kevin
            I understand that Diamond Select purchased the Zica toys line of Buck Rogers, including the body design. Just wondering if there will be any continuation of the line that Zica started.

DST CHUCK: Kevin that’s not exactly true but close enough I suppose. Right now we have no concrete plans for a more realistic 8” cloth line but we have given it some thought."

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2013/0...190/#more-8249
            Apparently DST Chuck doesn't have all the facts. DST bought all of my tooling and remaining inventory for the Buck Rogers line, and they bought the tooling for the male ZICA body. Based on the information I was getting from the person I dealt with on the Buck Rogers license, DST acquired the license after it expired with my company. Considering the insanely good deal that DST got on the tooling and inventory, it makes absolutely no sense to me as to whey they won't show the prototypes at shows to try and see if the interest is there to continue the line.

I'm starting to think that they never actually acquired the license. If they did, I feel like DST would have at least given the property the Mini Mates treatment. The amount they paid for my tooling and inventory was a lot less than what it would take to develop and produce a new body from scratch so it looks like they were primarily after that.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Razzlefrazzle ramalamadingdongs! Thats dishonest that is!
              JediJaida

Comment

• jonwes
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 17, 2011

I wonder if the fact that they already have one "style" of this scale with their retro figures is keeping them from fully exploring this? I also wonder if the cost of producing more detailed clothing is more than they'd want to do for a line like this? I actually just ordered the two figures produced... a shame there seems to be little to no chance of more coming.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by jonwes
                  I wonder if the fact that they already have one "style" of this scale with their retro figures is keeping them from fully exploring this? I also wonder if the cost of producing more detailed clothing is more than they'd want to do for a line like this? I actually just ordered the two figures produced... a shame there seems to be little to no chance of more coming.
                  You went ahead and ordered them? Fantastic! You WON'T be disappointed

Comment

• jonwes
                    Museum Patron
                    • Nov 17, 2011

I did! I found them for significantly cheaper than they have been on the net... although I would have loved to have gotten them at the BBTS sale price! Still, I think they'll be worth it.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by jonwes
                      I did! I found them for significantly cheaper than they have been on the net... although I would have loved to have gotten them at the BBTS sale price! Still, I think they'll be worth it.
                      You and me both lol!

I'm VERY impressed by these, and am looking forward to more figures from ZICA

Comment

• Jshack
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 25, 2011

Had a set...gave a set...need a set. Really liked them and sad the line is apparently over for good.
                        "To suggest that we can learn anything about the simian nature from a study of man is sheer nonsense."

Comment

• ribefex
                          Museum Patron
                          • Dec 19, 2008

Have you seen, in this month's Previews catalog, that are the two Buck Rogers figures listed as "Wave 1"? Has Previews listed these figures in advance?
                          I do not think that it means a Wave 2, but for a moment I was shocked ...

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ribefex
                            Have you seen, in this month's Previews catalog, that are the two Buck Rogers figures listed as "Wave 1"? Has Previews listed these figures in advance?
                            I do not think that it means a Wave 2, but for a moment I was shocked ...
                            Hopefully they'll get the line back on track but I have a feeling this is just an attempt to sell the excess inventory I sold them.

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Hopefully they'll get the line back on track but I have a feeling this is just an attempt to sell the excess inventory I sold them.
                              ZICA already did the hard part just release them. I wish they sold the ZICA 1 bodies. I need about 5 of them.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 30, 2012

Any chance of seeing the return of Mego style 3 3/4" Buck Rogers figures? Hoping the SMDM figures do well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎