Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

yeah as expected, kiss the awesome buck rogers line goodbye

Those in the know are aware that Diamond just purchased the awesome ZICA Toys body and their plan is to roll out a full line of 8 inch high end figures that aren't the "Retro Cloth" style. Think more or less what ZICA was already doing, but in a more massive scale because of DST's licenses. This will be under another moniker and not "Retro Cloth" but they hadn't nailed down what the new line would be called.

They only had one prototype of this there which is the Barney Ross from Expendables, but Zach told me that they hope to do a lot more. He said they would probably be $40ish figures, but would sport a ton of detail, form fitting clothes, realistic head sculpts and the proto showed that off. I did ask if they would continue the previous Buck Rogers line that ZICA tried, but he was a bit iffy on it. They did buy the body rights and such, but he thought there would probably be more of their own in house licenses, than Buck. A few more photos in the main: C2E2 DST Gallery

Infinite Hollywood: C2E2 2012 Day One Coverage

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

It should be interesting to see what they do with the body.

Just what kind of licenses do they hold?
        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

They have Trek, Universal Monsters, not sure what else. They do some Marvel stuff, too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mightyquinn
            Proud to be a Nerd
            • Aug 4, 2009

More monsters!!
            Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Does Hasbro still have the Avengers license?

I wish that DST could get it, get in line with Doc, and start producing some really GOOD Avengers figures!

I know I'd like a new Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America, and Hulk.

Of course, we'd all need Loki. He's the best bad guy since Lex Luthor back in the 70's!

Of course, the devil is in the details, and they'd need to get everything perfect in 8" scale.

Anyone else wanna chime in?
              JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                Does Hasbro still have the Avengers license?

I wish that DST could get it, get in line with Doc, and start producing some really GOOD Avengers figures!

I know I'd like a new Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America, and Hulk.

Of course, we'd all need Loki. He's the best bad guy since Lex Luthor back in the 70's!

Of course, the devil is in the details, and they'd need to get everything perfect in 8" scale.

Anyone else wanna chime in?
                Hasbro has the Marvel license to produce toys..DST has to get permission to produce any type of Marvel product (aka Minimates)

DST could make 8" clothed Marvel figures, but only through permission and paying license costs through Hasbro

In the end,don't get your hopes up...lots of promises and talk,but most of the time it doesn't get done

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

*Sigh*, still; it was a nice daydream.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• megozilla13
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 10, 2002

Sad news. Didn't the Buck license expire already anyway.

mikej
                    WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, it was last year, I think.

Which was a shame, because I was really looking forward to getting a Wilma, Princess Ardala and Hawk.

With any luck and a lot of prayer, we'll still see a Hawk figure done.

That would be EPIC!!!
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Type Two
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 20, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
                        ...but Zach told me that they hope to do a lot more. He said... .
                        Oh, no. Zach and the infamous DST Chuck are involved? Forget about any Buck Rogers product coming out. Ever.

If anything is released it will be a NEW line designed by Zach and Chuck and "to the extreme"!

Word to your mother.

Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• joyandtomstudios
                          • Jan 5, 2010

Originally posted by Type Two
                          Oh, no. Zach and the infamous DST Chuck are involved? Forget about any Buck Rogers product coming out. Ever.

If anything is released it will be a NEW line designed by Zach and Chuck and "to the extreme"!

Word to your mother.
                          Yeah when I heard that the project moved to Diamond I figured our sculpt would never see the light of day. Chuck has never been a fan of our work. Good thing we kept a casting for our private collection.

Comment

• Type Two
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 20, 2010

DST Chuck...how do people like him keep their jobs? He singlehandedly made me stop buying Minimates, and I know several people who are still angry over the Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek debacles.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but Chuck has always reminded me of Georg Brewer at DC Direct. DCD finally got smart and showed GB the door. IMHO, Diamond should wake up and follow suit.

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

"DST Chuck" is the guy who took the chance on making Star Trek megos again
                              and has been championing these figures since 2006. He has been more
                              responsible for "re-mego" than anyone - because he puts his money where
                              his mouth is!

Consider my toes stepped on.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Type Two
                                Career Member
                                • Sep 20, 2010

Ooops. Sorry, Doc. I was merely talking as a former Minimate fan who has had his entire foot stomped on by poor (IMHO) decisions regarding that line.

Further, I still hear from friends who are still very upset about Star Trek figure line promises, cancellations and inaction and don't get me started about the ill will still around about...Battlestar Galactica...Wave 3... .

But, hey, if you get along with him, maybe he isn't all bad.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎