Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Carter (of Mars) toys????

It looks like you could get a Swampthing custom head and add tusks to pull off that alien. I just saw a Swampthing head on ebay.

2. This will probably be another missed opportunity. Theres a total lack of cool fantasy figures on the shelves these days a far cry from the eighties when the first Conan inspired all kinds of fantasy toy lines.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4NDR01D View Post
    I think company's are very apprehensive about making action figures based on movies these days. (Tron, Avatar, the "other" Avatar: Last Air Bender) all seemed to make their way to the discounted racks fairly swiftly.
    It seems even a blockbuster movie isn't enough these days, they have to have a whole culture built around it.
    The figures that seem to sell well at Walmart and toys R Us seem to have that. I'm thinking Spider-Man, Batman, Iron-Man, Star Wars (of course). They're also supported by video games, straight to video DVD movies and cartoons, t-shirts, PJ's, Bikes, Skateboards etc. There has to be more to market than just the movie and action figures? I dunno, would really like to hear from somebody with current toy company/marketing knowledge.
    Good points. But it also has to make you wonder when they DO get a well recognized license for film, they saturate the marketplace with very cheap looking merchandise. It kind of makes the point that if the industry believes a license can sell itself, they don't put any effort into the product. If they have to sell the license then that requires ingenuity and creative thinking at the toy level... No takers.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Figuremod73 View Post
    Theres a total lack of cool fantasy figures on the shelves these days a far cry from the eighties when the first Conan inspired all kinds of fantasy toy lines.
    Yeah, it's kind of a bummer. No Wrath of the Titans toys either. On the upside there will be Hobbit action figures this fall.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    There were John Carter figures about 10 years or so ago in Trendmasters Tarzan the Epic Adventures Line. I have a pretty cool Tars Tarkas 6" figure from it. I think they show up pretty often cheap at the flea markets.

Heart

I loved the old figures. Now I am dying for new figures. OMG I hope someone at least makes mego heads...
    I Need More JOHN CARTER!
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Http://www.visibleinnards.org
    Come one, come all and see the 12 inch MICRONAUT!

Images
    Definitely a missed opportunity by Disney. The marketing possibilities for JC were myriad.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for the following Mego "Comic Action Heroes" accessories: Penguin's umbrella and Green Goblin's satchel/shoulder bag.

If things keep going the way they are going, maybe Bif Bang Pow COULD afford to license this...
    All you need is a long torso and 4 arms...
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Http://www.visibleinnards.org
    Come one, come all and see the 12 inch MICRONAUT!

I can't belive there are no figures..just saw a 10:00 AM showing and there were so many beasts and vehicles you would think there would be a whole toy line....
    <>_<> I will always be watching you, always.

Just saw this today, too. I really enjoyed it and thought it was very well done. I'd buy toys from John Carter long before I'd spend a penny on something like Avatar toys. It's a shame that no one's making toys. This film is full of toy opportunities... in a good way. Not in the "lets make 10 different cool ships in this movie so we can sell toys" kind of way, either.